口語英語口語英語練習小對話

英語口語練習小對話 第103期:毋庸置疑

本文已影響 1.32W人 

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第103期:毋庸置疑

A:You are saying he will be promoted to the general manager?

你是說他要被提升爲總經理了?

B:Yeah.

是的。

A:Are you sure?

你肯定嗎?

B:Yes. Ibet my bottom dollarthat he will get promoted.

是的。我對他的提升確信無疑。

A:Just because he gets on well with everybody?

就因爲他和大家相處得很好嗎?

B:Partly, and he's also a hardworking man.

那只是一個原因,他也是一個工作很刻苦的人。

地道表達:

bet one's bottom dollar:確信無疑

解詞釋義:

bet在這裏是“的確,確信,當然”的意思,button是“最低的,最後的”意思。從字面上看“以最後的錢(所有的底子)打包票”,那就是胸有成竹,確信某事了,所以它的意思就是“確信無疑”。

支持範例:

Eg.I can bet my bottom dollar that she won't marry him for anything.

她絕對不會和他結婚的,這個我什麼都敢賭。

Eg.I'll bet you my bottom dollar our team will win this year.

我敢打任何賭,我們隊今年一定會贏。

can bet your bottom dollar he won't have waited for us.

你可以打包票, 他是絕不會等我們的.

's a public holiday tomorrow and you can bet your bottom dollar it will rain.

明天是公共假日,你可以絕對相信,天會下雨。

詞海拾貝:

1.be promoted to + 職位:提升爲......

you going to be promoted to vice president?

你要升爲副總裁了嗎?

is capable enough to be promoted.

他相當能幹,可以得到提升。

2.get on well with:與......相處得好

know, if you really want to be someone, you need to learn to get on well with people.

你知道,如果你想成爲個重要人物的話,你需要學會和人們相處融洽。

's difficult to get on well with a narrow-minded person.

與一個心胸狹窄的人相處好是困難的。

child doesn't get on well with others.

這個小孩不合羣。

will consider how to get on well with the new comer.

他將考慮如何與那位新來的人處理好關係。

3.general manager:總經理

4.hardworking:努力的,勤奮的

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章