口語英語口語英語練習小對話

英語口語練習小對話 第97期:吹毛求疵

本文已影響 1.66W人 

迷你對話:

padding-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第97期:吹毛求疵

A:My son is alway complaining that Idump onhim. He was very rude and told me to mind my own business. I cannot put up with that.

我的兒子總是抱怨我對他太挑剔了,他很不客氣,讓我管好自己就行了,我真是受不了。

B:What does his dad say?

他爸爸怎麼說的?

A:John is a peacemaker. He simply doesn’t bother. He says he should give him a free hand.

John是個老好人,根本就不管。他說給兒子自由的空間。

地道表達:

dump on: 對......吹毛求疵

支持範例:

Eg. It would be wise not to dump on anything.

不吹毛求疵或批評將是明智的。

Eg. It would be silly to dump on a gift.

對禮物吹毛求疵是愚蠢的。

Eg. At the bottom of her heart she despised the other people, who dumped on trifles.

她在心底裏蔑視其他人,他們專在小事上吹毛求疵,小題大作。

Eg. As soon as I presented my argument,he began to dump on it.

我一提出我的論據,他就開始吹毛求疵了。

Eg. We ought not to begin by dumping on everything.

我們不應當一開始就對一切事情采取吹毛求疵的態度。

詞海拾貝:

1.mind one’s own business:做自己的本分事情

Eg. He was sensible enough to mind his own business.

他很聰明,不管別人閒事。

Eg. He asked me if I was married, so I told him to mind his own business.

他問我結婚了沒有,我叫他少管閒事。

Eg. As he was always interfering, I told him to mind his own business.

因他常來干涉,我叫他少管閒事。

Eg. Why can't you mind your own business, and let me mind mine?

你幹嘛不去管你自己的事,偏要來管我的事呢?

2.put up with:忍耐,忍受

Eg. I can' t put up with your hypocrisy any more.

我再也不能容忍你的虛僞態度了。

Eg. He said he could not put up with such internal sabotage any longer.

他說,他再也不能忍受這種從內部來的陰謀活動了。

Eg. You would need to be a saint to put up with her children.

只有聖人才能容忍她的那幾個孩子。

boss is an absolute dictator and I don't know how you guys put up with it.

你們的老闆是一個十足的大獨裁者,我不知道你們這些人怎能容忍。

3.give sb a free hand:給予某人自由發揮的空間

Eg. Mr. Lodge will give Miss King a free hand in preparing the dance.

洛奇先生將讓金小姐以全權籌備舞會。

Eg. He was inclined to give them a free hand.

他傾向於放手讓他們幹。

Eg. How about give him a free hand and see how it will turn out?

這樣好不好放手讓他去幹,然後看看結果如何。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章