口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第256期:可不傻 不易上當

本文已影響 4.71K人 

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">迷你對話學地道口語第256期:可不傻 不易上當

A: Who broke the glass, Peter?

Peter,是誰打破了杯子。

B: That cat.

是貓。

A: I was not born yesterday. It must be either you or Adam.

你變不了我,不就是你就是亞當。

B: It’s me, mun, I am sorry.

是我,媽媽,對不起。

地道表達:

not born yesterday

解詞釋義

改習語的字面意思是“不是昨天才生出來的”,常用來比喻“老於世故的”、“不容易上當的”或“一點兒也不傻”。

支持範例:

However young she is, she wans’t born yesterday.

無論她年紀對麼小,你騙不了她。

He wanted to show his associates that he was not born yesterday.

他向他的同事表示他並不是傻瓜。

He knows how to solve such a problem. He was not born yesterday.

他知道如何去處理這種問題,他可不是乳臭未乾的小孩子。

I would like to mind you I was not born yesterday.

我想提醒你,我並非是個乳臭未乾的孩子。

詞海拾貝:

either ... or... :不是......就是......,或者......或者......

Eg. When the girl is happy, she either sings or dances.

那個女孩高興時,不是唱就是跳。

Eg. Either you or I am going there tomorrow.

明天要麼你去那裏,要麼我去那裏。

Eg. You must either go at once or wait till tomorrow.

你要麼馬上走,要麼等到明天。

Eg. We can finish the work either this week or next week.

不是這星期就是下星期我們就可完成這項工作。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章