口語英語實用生活英語口語

365天英語口語大全之交際口語(MP3+中英文本) 第23期:同情與安慰

本文已影響 2.77W人 

ing-bottom: 100%;">365天英語口語大全之交際口語(MP3+中英文本) 第23期:同情與安慰

1.慣用口語句子:

I'm sorry.
= I'm so sorry.
我感到很難過。
I'm sorry to hear that.
聽到這個我感到很難過。

You have my deepest sympathy.
向你表示我最深切的慰問。
Please accept my sympathy.
請接受我的慰問,
sympathy n. 同情,慰問

We're filled with deep sorrow.
我們感到很悲痛。
I share your sorrow.
我跟你一樣悲痛。
sorrow n. 悲痛,悲哀

You're in our prayers.
我們爲你祈禱。
prayer n. 祈禱(其動詞是pray)

What a pity!
= That's a pity!
真遺憾啊!

It must be tough for you.
= It must be hard on you.
你肯定很難受。
tough a. 難忍受的,困苦的

I understand how you feel.
= I know the way you feel.
= I know how you feel.
我理解你的感受。
I understand/know.
我理解。


It could've happened to anybody.
這事誰都珂能發生。
It happens.
這種事常發生。
Many people have had this kind of trouble.
許多人都遇到過這樣的麻煩。

You can't let it bother you too much.
你不能爲這件事過度煩惱。
Don't worry about it too much.
不要過於擔憂了。

We will find a way out.
我們會找到解決辦法的。
Things will get better.
會好起來的。

I feel relieved to hear that.
= I feel much better after hearing that.
這麼說我就放心了。
relieved a. 放心的

That's a weight off my mind.
心裏一塊石頭總算落地了。
off one's mind“不再掛念”

Glad it's all over.
很高興一切都結束了。
Forget about it.
忘了這事吧。


2.實用對話

Showing Sympathy and Comforting Someone同情與安慰

Husband: You look worried. What's wrong?
丈夫:你看起來很憂慮。怎麼了?
Wife: I got fired today, but I have no idea why.
妻子:我今天被炒魷魚了,但是我卻不知道原因。
Husband: I thought you were an excellent secretary. What went wrong?
丈夫:我覺得你是一個相當出色的祕書。哪兒出錯了呢?
Wife: I don't know. It seems that my manager doesn't agree with you. I guess he thinks I'm not efficient, or something.
妻子:我不知道。似乎我的老闆並不認同你的觀點,他可能覺得我工作效率不高,或是什麼的。
Husband: Forget about it. I'm sure the boss will come to regret his decision.
丈夫:忘了這事吧。我肯定你的老闆會爲他所做出的決定後悔的。
Wife: Maybe. But now I have nothing to do. I'm worried about the money. What will we do for rent?
妻子:也許吧。但是現在我無事可做。我在擔心錢的問題。我們的租金該怎麼辦呢?
Husband: Don't worry about it too much. I understand how you feel, but you can't let it bother you too much. Besides, you
still have the kids to look after. We will find a way out of this problem.
丈夫:不要過於擔憂了。我理解你的感受,但是你也不能爲此過度煩惱。而且,你還有孩子要照看呢。我們會找到解決問題的辦法的。
Wife: But I didn't want to be a housewife. I like working. Do you really think we'll be OK?
妻子:但我並不想當一個家庭主婦。我喜歡上班。你真覺得我們會沒事嗎?
Husband: Of course. I think you can get another job easily. You're good at what you do and I believe in you.
丈夫:當然。我覺得你很容易就可以找到另一份工作。你很擅長你所從事的工作,我相信你。
Wife: Thanks for your support. I'll do my best.
妻子:多謝你的支持。我會努力的。



3.詳細解說

1.“be good at...”的意思是“擅長…”。
2.“do one's best ( to do sth. ) "也作 "try one's best( to do sth. ) ”或“try one's hardest(to do sth.)”,意思是“盡(自己
的)全力(做某事),盡(自己)全力做好(某事)”,例如:I'm trying my best/hardest. but I just can't do it.(我在儘自己的全
力,可我就是做不到。)I tried my best to comfort her.(我盡了全力去安慰她。)The only thing I can promise is that I will do my
best.(我惟一能許諾的就是我會盡自己的全力去做。)I am doing my best to make amends.(找正在儘自己的全力來進行改正。)

4.文化洗禮

同情及迴應


人年無常。說不定什麼時候,不幸就會降臨到某個人的頭上。雖然我們不能分擔他們的災難,但我們卻能分擔他們的痛苦。此時,我們或助一臂之力,或表達關心,或表示同情,一般會說:“I'm sorry to hear that...(聽說…,我心裏真不好受)”,或者說:“Bad luck.(真不幸)”。假如情況比較嚴重,還要用更正式的表達法,如:I was shocked to hear that... (驚悉… ) ,或: I was deeply sorry to hear about.(聞知…,深感同情)。
面對別人表達出來的同情與安慰,你要表示感謝,可用:Thanks (謝謝)。在比較正式的場合,還可以說:Thank you for your sympathy.(謝謝您的同情)。I'm grateful to you,deeply moved.(我很感激,感動),Thank you very much.(非常感謝)等。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章