口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第348期:Valentine's Day 情人節

本文已影響 3.05W人 

Adrienne: So, Trina, Monday is Valentine's day. Are you excited?

埃德里安娜:特瑞娜,週一是情人節,你興奮嗎?

Trina: No!

特納娜:不興奮!

Adrienne: That was a pretty direct answer. Why are you not excited? It's a holiday.

埃德里安娜:這還真是個直接的回答。你爲什麼不興奮呢?這是節日啊。

Trina: It's a holiday for people that have other people.

特納娜:這是有他人陪伴的人們的節日。

Adrienne: So, you're not happy because you don't have other people?

埃德里安娜:那你不開心的原因是你沒有人陪伴?

Trina: I have other people. I have my sister and my mom and my dad and my friends, but Valentine's day is more of a holiday for people that have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, or a wife, or a husband, or children as opposed to being a single person with nobody to share it with.

特納娜:我有人陪伴。我有妹妹、媽媽、爸爸,還有朋友們,但是情人節是那些有男朋友、女朋友或是有妻子、丈夫、孩子的人過的節日,而不是單身一人,沒有人共度時光的人們過的節日。

Adrienne: But could you share it with your sister, or your mother, or your father?

埃德里安娜:但是你不能和你妹妹、媽媽或是爸爸一起過嗎?

Trina: I could. I could, and we do. We send each other gifts. We, well this year, I won't be with anybody, but I get to celebrate it with my sister this weekend.

特納娜:我可以,可以,我們就是這麼做的。我們會互相送禮物。但是今年,沒有人和我一起過,不過這週末我會和我妹妹一起慶祝一下。

Adrienne: Well, that sounds fun.

埃德里安娜:嗯,聽起來很有趣。

Trina: It is.

特納娜:的確是。

Adrienne: So what kinds of things have you done on Valentines day in the past?

埃德里安娜:那過去你在情人節都做什麼呢?

Trina: Ah, gone out to dinner, gone to a movie, had dinner at my parents house, had dinner at my grandparent's house.

特納娜:出去吃晚飯,看電影,在父母家吃晚飯,或是在祖父母家吃晚飯。

Adrienne: That's interesting. Why your grandparent's house?

埃德里安娜:那真有意思。爲什麼在祖父母家吃晚飯?

Trina: It was their wedding anniversary.

特納娜:因爲那天是他們的結婚紀念日。

Adrienne: Wow! That's a great day to have a wedding anniversary.

埃德里安娜:哇!結婚紀念日在情人節真是太棒了。

Trina: It is and it was a lot of fun. I got to spend some of their last few years together having dinner with them.

特納娜:沒錯,有很多樂趣。這幾年我們都是和他們一起吃的晚餐。

Adrienne: That sounds lovely. So are you looking forward to maybe having a Valentine next year?

埃德里安娜:聽起來真不錯。那你期待明年過情人節嗎?

Trina: Maybe! We'll, see.

特納娜:也許吧。到時候看看吧。

美語情景對話 第348期:Valentine's Day 情人節

重點講解:
1. as opposed to
而不是;
eg. We ate in the restaurant, as opposed to the bistro.
我們是在餐廳吃的飯,而不是在小飯館。
eg. I am here on business as opposed to a holiday.
我在這裏是辦公事而不是度假。
2. in the past
過去;以往;
eg. I've been there many times in the past.
我從前去過那兒很多次。
eg. In the past this district was very hard to get to.
以前這一帶交通閉塞。
3. look forward to sth./doing sth.
期待;盼望;
eg. After a day of hard work, we look forward to good relaxation.
辛辛苦苦工作一天之後,大家都想好好放鬆一下。
eg. We look forward to reactivating our business relationshellop.
我們盼願我們的業務關係能夠重新活躍起來。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章