口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第288期:England 英國

本文已影響 2.25W人 

Todd: So, Eli, can you talk a little about England and maybe about it's climate and it's weather, it's leaders, what people eat?

託德:艾麗,你能談談英國嗎,有關氣候,天氣,領導人,還有食物之類的?

Eli: Well, I'm not going to talk about leaders right now because that's a bit of a sore point but England weather, hmm, that is a bit of a sore point too. It's not the greatest weather in the world, especially compared to Japan where I am now, which the weather I just love. England is always cold, almost always cold even through the summer it's quite cold I hear. This summer it's been sort of jacket weather all summer with only a few days of sunshine and it rains a lot, so it's pretty miserable as far as weather's concerned.

艾麗:嗯,目前我並不想談領導人,因爲那算是傷心事,不過英國的天氣,嗯,也算是痛處。那並不是世界上最好的天氣,尤其是和日本比的話,我現在在日本生活,我很喜歡這裏的天氣。英國總是很冷,即使在夏天也很冷,我聽說非常冷。今年整個夏天幾乎都要穿夾克,只有幾天有陽光,下了很多雨,所以就天氣來說非常糟糕。

Todd: Now, you're from Bristol right. What's your hometown like?

託德:你來自布裏斯托爾,對吧?你的家鄉怎麼樣?

Eli: Bristol's a great town. I used to live in London which is the capital of England and it's very gray and big and unfriendly but when I moved to Bristol it was just great. It is a city but it's a very small city so you can always bump into your friends, um, always meet people. It's got big green areas. It's got a place called the downs which is a big park, and it's the architecture of the city is very old. It's very near Bath, which is a very famous old Roman town, where the Roman baths were, so all the sort of architecture of the city, the houses, all of it's very pretty.

艾麗:布裏斯托爾是一個非常棒的城鎮。我以前生活在倫敦,那是英國的首都,那兒的天空是灰色的,城市很大,而且並不友好,我搬到布裏斯托爾以後非常棒。那是個城市,但是算是小城市,所以你經常能遇到朋友,嗯,經常能遇到熟人。而且那裏有大面積的綠地。那裏有個地方名爲Downs,那是個大公園,城市的建築很古老,就在巴斯附近,巴斯是一個非常著名的羅馬風格城鎮,就是巴斯羅馬浴場的所在地,所以那個城市的所有建築、所有房屋都非常漂亮。

Todd: OK. What are the Downs like? You said the downs. Is that a park?

託德:好。Downs什麼樣?你說過Downs,那是個公園嗎?

Eli: The downs. It's, it's a big area of green basically. It's not a park as in lots of trees and trees and sort of shrubbery and stuff. It's just a big wide spread of greenery where you can play football. I mean there's football matches sort of every week. You can go fly your kites. You can take your kids there. And that joins on to the Avon-gorge, which is where the Bristol suspension bridge is, which is very famous as being I think the first ever suspension bridge built, and from standing on the bridge and looking out into the gorge, I mean you'd think you're in the middle of the mountains, not in the middle of the city. It's a really pretty area.

艾麗:The Downs,對,是公園,是一片大面積的綠地。其實不算公園,因爲那裏有許多樹木,還有灌木之類的東西。那只是一片大面積的綠地,你可以在那裏踢足球。我的意思是那裏幾乎每週都有足球比賽。你可以在那裏放風箏。你可以帶你的孩子去那兒玩。那裏與埃文峽谷相連,峽谷裏有布裏斯托爾吊橋,這非常有名,我想可能是歷史上建造的第一座吊橋,站在吊橋上眺望峽谷,你會以爲你身處山區,而不是在城市裏。那真是個非常漂亮的地方。

Todd: Sounds like a nice place.

託德:聽起來是個不錯的地方。

美語情景對話 第288期:England 英國

重點講解:
1. sore point
痛點;痛處;
eg. Don't mention baldness to Eddie. It's a sore point with him.
別對伊迪提起禿頭之類的事,他對這事很敏感。
eg. This just becomes these achieving to drop the biggest sore point of copartner.
這恰恰成爲這些創投合夥人的最大心病。
2. compared to
相對…而言;對照;
eg. The writer was compared to Shakespeare.
把這個作家與莎士比亞進行了比較。
eg. That had been a placid pastime compared to his condition now.
與他目前的情況相比,那簡直算是安靜的消遣了。
3. as far as sth. is concerned
就…而言,說到(用於表明所談論的話題) ;
eg. As far as starting a family is concerned, the trend is for women having their children later in life.
在要孩子方面,目前的趨勢是女性要孩子要得比較晚。
eg. As far as oil energy is concerned, we cannot be too frugal.
就石油能源而言,我們愈節省愈好。
4. bump into
偶然遇見;意外碰到;
eg. I happened to bump into Mervyn Johns in the hallway.
我在走廊裏意外碰見了默文·約翰斯。
eg. How nice to bump into you!
碰到你真高興!
5. in the middle of
在…的中間;
eg. I was in the middle of the back row.
我在後排的中間。
eg. Two actors carried on a dialogue in the middle of the stage.
兩個演員在舞臺中央進行對白。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章