口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第235期:Mexico 墨西哥

本文已影響 1.78W人 

Todd: So, Adrienne, you said you lived in Mexico for awhile?

託德:艾德麗安,你說你曾在墨西哥住過一段時間?

Adrienne: Mm, I studied there.

艾德麗安:嗯,我在那兒學習。

Todd: Really! You studied in Mexico?

託德:真的嗎!你在墨西哥學習?

Adrienne: I did. I studied Spanish.

艾德麗安:對。在那裏學習西班牙語。

Todd: Wow, so what was it like being a student in Mexico?

託德:哇,那在墨西哥上學感覺怎麼樣?

Adrienne: Ah, it was interesting. The weather was really hot the entire time I was there. Um, and it was very confusing, cause I didn't know the language very well when I first arrived but I learned quickly because I was living in the situation every day where I had to use language so that was really helpful in the end.

艾德麗安:嗯,很有趣。我在那兒的時候,那的天氣一直都很炎熱。嗯,其實當時很困惑,因爲我剛到那裏的時候西班牙語不好,不過我學得很快,畢竟我生活在西班牙語的環境中,每天都要用到,所以對學習語言非常有幫助。

Todd: So, what were the people like? What was the city like?

託德:那裏的人怎麼樣?城市怎麼樣?

Adrienne: The city was small. 1 million people, and that's pretty small. The architecture is very colonial style. It's interesting. Very beautiful, old, a lot of wood and stone and the food was great. Very spicy.

艾德麗安:城市非常小。有1百萬人口,非常小。那裏的建築是典型的殖民地風格。這很有趣。建築是老式的,非常漂亮,是用木石築成的,那裏的食物非常棒。特別辣。

Todd: Mexican food's the best.

託德:墨西哥食物非常好。

Adrienne: I think so too.

艾德麗安:我也喜歡那裏的食物。

Todd: Yeah, and the people?

託德:那那裏的人呢?

Adrienne: The people are really friendly, really, really friendly. Big families and they're always inviting you over for dinner, lunch and breakfast, and tea and coffee and chocolate and it's really, it's really a very familial environment.

艾德麗安:人們非常友善,真的非常友善。他們家庭成員衆多,而且他們會經常邀請你過去吃晚餐,午餐、早餐,還有喝茶、喝咖啡、享用巧克力,家庭氛圍非常濃厚。

Todd: What was your favorite place in Mexico?

託德:墨西哥你最喜歡的地方是哪裏?

Adrienne: My favorite place, still, is a town called Cholula. It's a very small town. That has a pyramid, and Aztec pyramid with a cathedral on top of it and it has views of the mountains, the volcano and, um, just beautiful landscape all around. It's a great place to watch the sunset.

艾德麗安:我最喜歡的地方是叫作喬盧拉的小鎮。那是一座非常小的城鎮。那裏有金字塔,阿茲特克金字塔,頂部有一座天主教教堂,那裏能看到山脈,火山,周圍的景色非常漂亮。那是一個看日落的好地方。

Todd: What volcano?

託德:什麼火山?

Adrienne: Po! They call it Popo, but the full name I think is Popocatepetl. It's an Aztec name.

艾德麗安:波!他們稱之爲波波,我想全名應該是波波卡特佩特火山。是一個阿茲特克名字。

Todd: Oh, sounds like a nice place.

託德:哦,聽上去是個不錯的地方。

Adrienne: It's beautiful.

艾德麗安:非常美。

Todd: Any plans to go back to Mexico soon?

託德:你有回墨西哥的計劃嗎?

Adrienne: Of course. I always want to go back but whether I actually make it in the next year or two, I don't know.

艾德麗安:當然了。我一直想回去,不知道我明年或者後年能否做到。

美語情景對話 第235期:Mexico 墨西哥

重點講解:
1. in the end
最後;終於;
eg. I toyed with the idea of calling the police, but in the end I didn't.
我拿不定主意是否報警,但最後還是沒報。
eg. Benny thought the president was sincere and sensitive, but, in the end, that's not what counts.
本尼認爲總統很誠懇,會體諒人,但歸根結底那些都沒有用。
eg. In the end, things will mend.
[諺]車到山前必有路。
2. make it
成功達到預定目標;做到;
eg. You're brave and courageous. You can make it.
你勇敢無畏,一定會獲得成功。
eg. Promise more, if do not make it, it has only been a lie.
承諾再多,若都做不到。那也只不過還是謊言
eg. He poured in every ounce of power but couldn't make it.
他竭盡了全力卻無濟於事。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章