外貿英語話題王(MP3+中英字幕) 第103期:商標形象
Problem of the trademark's image
商標形象A:n, sit down please.
A:格林先生,請坐。B:Thank you. Mr. Sun. Iam very sorry for coming late, but something urgent came up at the last minute.
B:謝謝孫先生。很抱歉我來晚了,但我臨走時突然有點急事。
A:That's all right. Let's get down to business. I was told that you have some comments to make about the registeration of our trademarks.
A:沒關係,我們談正事吧。我聽說貴公司對我們的商標註冊有異議。B:Yes, I work in a law firm. I have been asked by the British trading company to come here and have a face-to-face consultation with you.
B:是的,我在法律事務所工作,這次是受英國貿易公司委託來跟您面談的。A:You are welcome. I believe that you have some problems to discuss with me regarding the application for the registration of our trademarks.
A:歡迎。您是不是想和我談談我們申請商標註冊的問題?B:Yes, you are applying to register the trademark of "Golden Dragon" for table lights, right?
B:是的,貴公司正在申請金龍牌檯燈,是嗎?A:Yes, you are right.
A:對。B:You may not know this, but the dragon represents an evil omen in our country. It's not appropriate to register the brand.
B:您也許不知道,龍在我國是不祥之物。採用這個牌子恐怕不合適。A:Oh, will you excuse my oversight. Then what do you think I should do?
A:哦,請原諒我們的疏忽。那您看來,我們該怎麼辦?B:I think it's better for you to change the brand name.
B:我認爲你方最好改變名稱。A:But in that case, the customers won't recognize our products.
A:但是那樣的話,消費者就認不出我們的產品了。B:Yes, it's a tough problem.
B:是啊,這個問題很難辦。A:I'll hold a meeting to discuss this problem and find out a solution soon.
A:我立即召開會議,儘快找出解決辦法。