英語閱讀雙語新聞

研究:女性每天至少"嫌棄"自己8次

本文已影響 1.06W人 

The average woman criticises herself at least eight times a day, a study has found.

研究顯示,普通女性每天至少會“嫌棄”自己八次。

A worrying trend of negativity among women was revealed by a survey of 2,000 women - with one in seven women admitting to criticising themselves regularly throughout their day.

這項由2000名女性參加的調查顯示出女性羣體令人擔憂的消極自我認知:七分之一的女性承認自己每天都會時不時地“嫌棄”自己。

Most of those surveyed wanted to lose weight, and image-based criticisms were by far the most prevalent.

大部分受訪女性表示想要減肥——就目前看來,針對個人形象的“自我嫌棄”是最普遍的。

Not earning enough money and deliberately deflecting compliments were other common put-downs.

“嫌自己賺錢不多”以及“有意曲解他人的稱讚”是其他幾個常見的自我貶低方式。

研究:女性每天至少"嫌棄"自己8次

Selfies and social media platforms such as Instagram were blamed as being a driving force behind today's visual culture.

自拍和諸如Instagram等社交媒體平臺被認爲是當今“看臉”文化的始作俑者。

Women are bombarded with images of perfection while at the same time expected to balance both working lives and family lives, which experts concluded led to women's critical relationships with themselves.

女性不斷受到完美女人形象的視覺轟炸,並同時承受着平衡好工作和家庭的期待。專家們認爲:正是這些現實因素導致了女性對自身的不滿。

Lifestyle judgements were also found to be prevalent, including not earning enough money or having the 'right' job.

同樣普遍的是她們對自己生活方式的不滿,比如收入不高,對目前工作不滿意等等。

'Today's hectic and visually-driven world has meant that we're seeing a rise in women being self-critical, from the way they look to the way they feel at work,' said Zoe Griffiths, Head of Public Health and Programme at Weight Watchers, which conducted the survey.

國際減肥協會公共衛生和計劃主管佐伊·格里菲斯是本次調查的負責人。她表示:“在這個快節奏的看臉的世界,無論是在外形長相上還是工作狀態方面,越來越多的女性開始自我否定。”

'Our research has shown that being unkind to ourselves has been an underlying theme for women for many years, but a set of very modern cultural conditions have increased the intensity of this unkindness which are hard to avoid.

“研究表明,女性更傾向於苛求自身,多年來這個問題一直存在。但當代文化現狀導致這種無法避免的嚴苛進一步加深了。”

'At Weight Watchers we know that to adopt a healthy lifestyle it is important to build a better relationship with yourself in order to make a positive change.'

“通過國際減肥協會我們知道,爲了實現健康的生活方式、達到積極的改變,我們應該與自身建立良好的關係。”

The findings also showed that women begin berating themselves early in the day, with almost half of those surveyed - 46 per cent - admitting to criticising themselves at least once before 9.30am.

調查結果還顯示,女性從早晨就開始了自我責備:近一半(46%)的調查對象承認,自己每天上午9點半前至少會自責一次。

What's more, the study found that 42 per cent of women admitted to never complimenting themselves, while the remainder gave themselves a positive thought or 'pat on the back' just once a day.

此外,研究發現42%的女性從未讚美過自己,而剩下58%的女性每天只會對自己讚揚或鼓勵一次。

The bursts of self-criticism are most common when looking in a mirror or out clothes shopping, with a concerning 60 per cent of women admitting to having days where they felt they criticised themselves constantly throughout the day.

當她們照鏡子或逛街買衣服時,“自我嫌棄”的情緒往往會達到峯值。60%的女性承認總會有那麼幾天,她們整天都覺得自己這也不對、那也不對。

The research was conducted as part of WomanKind, a nationwide campaign that explores why modern women are unkind to themselves and how they can counter the habit.

該研究是“WomanKind”組織推出的系列活動的一部分。WomanKind旨在探索當代女性爲何難以與自己“和解”,以及她們如何克服這一習慣性行爲。

THE 20 MOST COMMON WAYS THAT A WOMAN CRITICISES HERSELF

女性“嫌棄”自己的20種常見方式

1. You're too fat/overweight

太胖了/超重了

2. Your hair is a mess

頭髮亂糟糟的

3. Your belly looks big

肚子上贅肉太多

4. You don't do enough exercise

運動不足

5. Feeling scruffy next to other women

在其他女人旁邊感覺自己太邋遢了

6. Not earning enough money

收入不高

7. You say you are having a 'fat day'

一天都在懊惱自己太胖

8. Not wearing certain items of clothing because you think you can't pull it off

不敢穿某類衣服,覺得自己駕馭不了那種款式

9. You wish you were as photogenic as other women on social media

希望自己像社交媒體上的其他女性一樣上相

10. You deflect compliments by saying something negative about yourself

受到稱讚後故意說貶低自己的話來轉移讚美

11. You worry people are talking about you behind your back

擔心別人在背後議論自己

12. Feeling underdressed

感覺自己穿的太樸素

13. I'm not stylish enough

一點兒都不時尚

14. You don't have sex with your partner enough

和伴侶的性生活次數不夠多

15. You aren't as creative as other women

不像其他女人那麼有創意

16. Your bum looks big

屁股太大

17. You aren't as organised as other women

不像其他女人那樣整理東西井井有條

18. You don't spend as much time with your friends as you should

跟閨蜜在一起的時間太少

19. You're not wearing enough make-up

妝容不夠精緻

20. You aren't attractive to your partner

對伴侶沒有吸引力

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章