英語閱讀英語故事

我是怎樣地愛你 How do I love thee

本文已影響 1.09W人 

ing-bottom: 63.77%;">我是怎樣地愛你 How do I love thee

伊麗莎白·芭蕾特·布朗寧,又稱勃朗寧夫人或白朗寧夫人,是英國維多利亞時代最受人尊敬的詩人之一。生於1806年3月6日。十五歲時,不幸騎馬跌損了脊椎。從此,下肢癱瘓達24年。在她39歲那年,結識了小她6歲的詩人羅伯特·勃朗寧,她那充滿着哀怨的生命從此打開了新的一章。她的作品涉及廣泛的議題和思想。其詩集《葡萄牙人十四行詩集》是她與丈夫愛情生活的真實寫照,被認爲是“英國文學史上的珍品”。而《我是怎樣地愛你?》是勃朗寧夫人其中一首著名的十四行詩。

How do I love thee?

我是怎樣地愛你

– Elizabeth Barrett Browning

——伊麗莎白·巴雷特·勃朗寧

How do I love thee?

我是怎樣地愛你?

Let me count the ways.

讓我逐一細述。

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

我愛你之深邃,之寬廣,之高遠

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

盡我的靈魂所能及之處—猶如探求

For the ends of being and ideal grace.

玄冥中神的存在和美好之極。

I love thee to the level of every day’s

我愛你如每日之必需,

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

陽光下和燭焰前都少不了。

I love thee freely, as men strive for right.

我自由地愛着你,像人們爭取他們的權利;

I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.

我純潔地愛着你,如人們在讚美前會垂首。

I love thee with the passion put to use

我愛你,帶着我昔日悲傷時的

In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.

那種激情,童年時的那種誠意;

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

我愛你,抵得上往日對聖者懷有的

With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,

如今似已消逝的那種愛-我用呼吸,

Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,

用微笑,用眼淚,用我整個生命來愛你!

I shall but love thee better after death.

假使上帝願意,我死後將更加愛你!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀