英語閱讀英文篇章

英語短篇的美文範文欣賞

本文已影響 2.88W人 

有多的英語文章是帶有勵志而且有情感的。今天小編就給大家分享一下英語美文欣賞,希望可以幫助到大家

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">英語短篇的美文範文欣賞

  永遠的朋友

"A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out."

"別人都走開的時候,朋友仍與你在一起。"

Sometimes in life,

有時候在生活中,

You find a special friend;

你會找到一個特別的朋友;

Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.

他只是你生活中的一部分內容,卻能改變你整個的生活。

Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;

他會把你逗得開懷大笑;

Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.

他會讓你相信人間有真情。

Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.

他會讓你確信,真的有一扇不加鎖的門,在等待着你去開啓。

This is Forever Friendship.

這就是永遠的友誼。

when you're down,

當你失意,

and the world seems dark and empty,

當世界變得黯淡與空虛,

Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world

suddenly seem bright and full.

你真正的朋友會讓你振作起來,原本黯淡、空虛的世界頓時變得明亮和充實。

Your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,and the confused times.

你真正的朋友會與你一同度過困難、傷心和煩惱的時刻。

If you turn and walk away,

你轉身走開時,

Your forever friend follows,

真正的朋友會緊緊相隨,

If you lose you way,

你迷失方向時,

Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.

真正的朋友會引導你,鼓勵你。

Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.

真正的朋友會握着你的手,告訴你一切都會好起來的。

And if you find such a friend,

如果你找到了這樣的朋友,

You feel happy and complete,

你會快樂,覺得人生完整,

Because you need not worry,

因爲你無需再憂慮。

Your have a forever friend for life,

你擁有了一個真正的朋友,

And forever has no end.

永永遠遠,永無止境。

  幸福的小石頭

How happy is the little stone.

That rambles in the road alone,

And doesn't care about careers,

And exigencies never fears--

Whose coat of elemental brown

A passing universe put on;

And independent as the sun,

Associates or glows alone,

Fulfilling absolute decree

in casual simplicity.

多幸福的小石頭啊,

獨自在路上漫步,

不汲汲於功名,

也從不爲變幫擔心;

匆匆而過的宇宙,

也得披上它自然褐色的外衣。

它獨立不羈如太陽,

與從同輝,或獨自閃光,

在一種不經意的樸素裏,

它決然順應天意。

  情繫小提琴

In order to tell what I believe, I must briefly sketch something of my personal history.

爲了闡明我的信仰,我必須簡單介紹一下我的經歷。

The turning point of my life was my decision to give up a promising business career and study music. My parents, although sympathetic, and sharing my love of music, disapproved of it as a profession. This was understandable in view of the family background. My grandfather had taught music for nearly forty years at Springhill College in Mobile and, though much beloved and respected in the community, earned barely enough to provide for his large family. My father often said it was only the hardheaded thriftiness of my grandmother that kept the wolf at bay. As a consequence of this example in the family, the very mention of music as a profession carried with it a picture of a precarious existence with uncertain financial rewards. My parents insisted upon college instead of a conservatory of music, and to college I went - quite happily, as I remember, for although I loved my violin and spent most of my spare time practicing, I had many other interests.

我人生的轉折點是我決定不做發跡有望的商人而專攻音樂。父母雖然與我志趣相投,也像我一樣熱愛音樂,卻反對我以音樂爲職業。考慮到我的家庭情況,他們的態度是完全可以理解的。我祖父在莫比爾的斯普林希爾學院教授音樂達四十年之久,深受學院師生的熱愛和敬重,他的工資卻只能勉強維持一大家人的生活。父親常說若不是祖母精明能幹,克勤克儉,一家人非捱餓不可。所以在我們家,只要一提起音樂這個職業,大家就聯想起收入不穩定的那種苦日子。父母堅持要我上大學,不讓我進音樂學院,我也就上了大學。記得當時我還挺開心,因爲雖然我熱愛小提琴,大部分時間都用來練琴,我還有許多其他的愛好。

Before my graduation form Columbia, the family met with severe financial reverses and I felt it my duty to leave college and take a job. Thus was I launched upon a business career - which I always think of as the wasted years.

沒等我從哥倫比亞大學畢業,家裏的經濟情況就變得很糟,我感到自己有責任退學找工作,這才投身商界--我始終認爲那段經商歲月是虛擲光陰。

Now I do not for a moment mean to disparage business. My whole point I is that it was not for me. I went into it for money, and aside from the satisfaction of being able to help the family, money is all I got out of it. It was not enough. I felt that life was passing me by. From being merely discontented I became acutely miserable. My one ambition was to save enough to quit and go to Europe to study music. I used to get up at dawn to practice before I left for "downtown", distracting my poor mother by bolting a hasty breakfast at the last minute. Instead of lunching with my business associates, I would seek out some cheap café, order a meager meal and scribble my harmony exercises. I continued to make money, and finally, bit by bit, accumulated enough to enable me to go abroad. The family being once more solvent, and my help no longer necessary, I resigned from my position and, feeling like a man released from jail, sailed for Europe. I stayed four years, worked harder than I had ever dreamed of working before and enjoyed every minute of it.

我從來無意貶低經商,我的意思是它不適合我。我經商只是爲了掙錢,除了能補貼家用給我帶來一點滿足以外,錢是我經商得到的一切。這是不夠的。我感到年華似水從我身邊流走。對職業的不滿使我痛苦不堪。我唯一的抱負是積攢足夠的錢,辭去商務,到歐洲學習音樂。於是,我每天黎明即起,練習小提琴,然後去"商業區"上班。幾乎來不及囫圇吞下倉促準備的早餐,弄得我可憐的媽媽惶恐不安。我不與業務合夥人共進午餐,總是找個便宜的餐館,隨便混上一頓,信手寫些和聲練習曲。我不停地掙錢,終於一分一分攢夠了出國的錢。這時,家庭經濟情況也好轉了,不再需要我的幫助。我辭去商務,感到自己像出獄的犯人一樣自由,便乘船去了歐洲,一去就是四年。我學習比從前想象的刻苦得多,但我非常快樂。

"Enjoyed" is too mild a word. I walked on air. I really lived. I was a free man and I was doing what I loved to do and what I was meant to do.

"快樂"一詞還不足以表達我的心情,我是樂不可支,飄飄欲仙。我過着真正的生活。我是個自由人,做我愛做的、命中註定要做的事情。

If I had stayed in business, I might be a comparatively wealthy man today, but I do not believe I would have made a success of living. I would have given up all those intangibles, those inner satisfactions, that money can never buy, and that are too often sacrificed when a man's primary goal is financial success.

假如我一直經商,今天可能會相當富有,但我不認爲我的人生會很成功。我可能會放棄一切無形的、金錢絕對買不到的精神上的滿足;這種精神上的滿足常常因爲人的主要生活目的是發財致富而不可企及。

When I broke away from business, it was against the advice of practically all my friends and family. So conditioned are most of us to the association of success with money that the thought of giving up a good salary for an idea seemed little short of insane. If so, all I can say is "Gee! It's great to be crazy."Money is a wonderful thing, but it is possible to pay too high a price on it.

我脫離商界之舉是與所有親友的忠告相違的,因爲我們大多數人習慣把成功與金錢聯繫在一起,爲理想而放棄高薪似乎是發瘋。如果真是如此,我倒要說:"咳,發瘋可真好!"金錢是好東西,但可能爲了金錢,我們付出的代價太昂貴。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章