“放鸽子”的英语怎么说?大纲
你有被放过鸽子吗?或者有放过别人鸽子吗?“放鸽子”的英文怎么说?看看《我们这一天》中用的是哪个词吧。
对话原文
you.know, I was supposed to have another date the night that we met.
我们相识那晚 我本来还有个约会
I ever tell you that?
我跟你说过吗
No.
没有
The woman that sold me the Chevelle,
把雪佛兰卖给我的那个女人
she set me up.
她给我介绍了个对象
But then I saw you
可我却遇见了你
and I stood the other girl up.
于是我放了那女人的鸽子
I wonder who she was.
真好奇她是谁
I never have.
我从没想过
You asked me a question before.
你之前问过我一个问题
-What is it that I love about you now.-Jack...
-我现在爱你哪一点 -杰克
So I'm gonna start with the obvious.
所以我先从最明显的一点说起
I love the mother that you are.
我爱你身为人母的样子
I love that you are still
我爱你 你依然是
the most beautiful woman in any room
这个世界上最漂亮的女人
and that you laugh with your entire face.
我爱你笑逐颜开的样子
I love that you dance funny...
我爱你跳舞时滑稽的样子
and not so sexy, which...
不去刻意跳得性感...
makes it even sexier.
却因此更显性感
But most of all,
但最关键的
I love that you are still
我爱你 是因为
the same woman who, all those years ago,
时隔今日 你还是当年那个
ran out of a blind date because she simply had to sing.
为了唱歌 从相亲中抽身离去的女子
You're not just my great love story, Rebecca.
你不仅是我生命中最美好的爱情篇章 丽贝卡
You...
你
You were my big break.
你还是我这辈子最大的福气
Thank you. Thanks.
谢谢 谢谢
And our love story,
而我们的爱情
I know it may not feel like it right now,
我知道现在遇到了一些磕绊
but, baby...
但是宝贝
I promise,
我保证
it's just getting started.
故事才刚刚开始
今日重点:
给某人介绍对象:set sb up
放鸽子:stand sb up
最重要的是:most of all
相亲:blind date。blind是“盲的,看不见的”,也就是在相亲之前双方没见过面
重大转机:big break