双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(16)
They were worried I wasn't eating.
我不大吃东西,他们很担心。But I didn't like the hospital food and I was worried it was not halal.
我不喜欢医院提供的餐饮,而且也担心这些食物不符合伊斯兰教饮食戒律。The only things I'd eat there were the nutritional milkshakes.
在那里,我唯一接受的食物,就是营养奶昔。
Nurse Julie discovered I liked Cheesy Wotsits so brought me those.
护士茱莉发现我喜欢吃奶酪玉米片,常常准备一些给我吃。'What do you like?' they asked me.
“你喜欢吃什么?”他们问我。'Fried chicken,' I replied.
“炸鸡。”我回答。Yma discovered there was a halal Kentucky Fried Chicken at Small Heath so would go there every afternoon to buy me chicken and chips.
伊玛在小希思发现了一家遵循伊斯兰教饮食戒律处理食物的肯德基,因此,每天下午会去那里帮我买炸鸡和薯片。One day she even cooked me a curry.
有一天,她甚至为我烹煮了咖喱。To keep me occupied they brought me a DVD player.
为了让我有事可做,他们为我买了一台DVD播放器。One of the first movies they got me was Bend it Like Beckham,
在他们为我准备的第一批电影里,有一部叫《我爱贝克汉姆》。thinking the story of a Sikh girl challenging her cultural norms and playing football would appeal to me.
他们认为一个锡克教的女孩挑战她的文化规范,跑去踢足球的故事能够吸引我。I was shocked when the girls took off their shirts to practise in sports bras and I made the nurses switch it off.
但当我看见一群女孩脱掉了衬衫,仅穿运动内衣打球时,大吃一惊,赶紧请护士帮我关掉。After that they brought cartoons and Disney movies.
那之后,他们带来了一些卡通和迪士尼电影。I watched all three Shrek movies and A Shark's Tale.
我把《怪物史瑞克》前三部全部看了一遍,还看了《鲨鱼黑帮》。My left eye was still blurry so I covered it when I watched, and my left ear would bleed so I had to keep putting in cotton-wool balls.
我的左眼依旧看不清楚,所以当我看电影时,会先把它遮盖起来;而我的左耳依然不时会流血,因此,需要不停地塞棉花球进去。