一分鐘英語 第125期:Get off on the Wrong Foot
本文已影響
1.55W人
Welcome to English in a Minute!
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!A lot of American English idioms refer to parts of the body. Get off on the wrong foot
許多美式英語習語都和身體的某些部分有關。一開始就不順利Are Anna and Jonathan having trouble learning a dance?
難道安娜和喬納森跳舞遇到困難了嗎?
How did it go meeting your girlfriend's family?
昨天和女朋友家人的見面怎麼樣呢?was interesting. First, I was really late…
嗯……挺有意思的。首先,我遲到了……Oh, Jonathan! Yeah. And then, at dinner, I spilled my water all over her mom.
啊,喬納森!是的。然後吃晚餐時,我把水全灑在了她媽媽身上。Jonathan, it sounds like you got off on the wrong foot.
喬納森,聽起來你剛開始不是很順利。I haven't even gotten to the worst part…
我還沒有説最糟糕的部分。If you "get off on the wrong foot," you start something new in a bad way.
如果你“一開始就不順利”,表示你以一種糟糕的方式開始某件事。Sometimes it is because of a mistake you made.
有時也是因為你犯了錯誤。You can also "get off on the right foot" if things go well at the start of a new project or relationship!
你也可以“一開始就很順利”,如果某個新的項目或關係在開始就進展地很好!And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!