英語口語練習小對話 第24期:不起眼的女孩
習語:
a plain Jane
講解:Jane 在英文中是很常見的女名,所以,a plain Jane 表示“不起眼的女人。”
I cannot make it out why a handsome-looking man like him would fall in love with a plain Jane like Liu Lan.
真猜不透像他那樣一個英俊的男子為何能愛上劉蘭那樣一個不起眼的女孩子呢?
The new receptionist is a bit of a plain Jane but she's very efficient at her job.
那位新來的接待員相貌一般,但她的工作效率很高。 He said that he wouldn't like to marry a plain Jane.
他説他可不想和一個不起眼的女孩子結婚。
I would rather marry a plain Jane who causes no trouble than a pretty face who may be come a jailbait.
我寧願和一個相貌平平但是安穩的女孩子結婚也不願意娶個招災惹禍的漂亮妞。
Mary certainly is a plain Jane, and yet she is quite popular.
瑪麗實在其貌不揚,但是她很有名氣。
迷你對話:
A:I wonder how Sarah and Mat are.
我想知道莎拉和馬特的情況怎麼樣了。
B:Don't you know they've already broken up?
你不知道他們已經分手了嗎?
A:I'm not surprised. She's a plain Jane.
我一點也不覺得奇怪,她是個不起眼的女孩。
B:And he's so handsome.
是呀,而他卻那麼英俊。
詞海拾貝:
break up:分手
What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up ?
如果彼得和愛麗絲離婚孩子們將怎麼辦?
Why did you and Rohda break up?
你和羅達為什麼決裂了?
説明:該節目中的迷你對話選自《脱口説英語》之口語習語大全,講解部分為恆星編輯原創。