口語英語實用生活英語口語

留學英語口語 第12期:申請獎學金

本文已影響 2.88W人 

SHARON: How can I help you today, Alice?

ing-bottom: 100%;">留學英語口語 第12期:申請獎學金
夏倫:我今天能幫你些什麼,艾麗斯?

ALICE: Well, I came to talk to you because I want to apply for a scholarship.

艾麗斯:嗯,我來是因為我想申請獎學金。

SHARON: Oh, good. You're an excellent student.I'd be very willing to help you with that.

夏倫:喔,好的。你是一個很好的學生。我非常願意幫你。

ALICE: Thanks. I really appreciate fact, I do need a letter of recommendation for this scholarship.

艾麗斯:謝謝你。我真的很感激。事實上,我是需要一封申請獎學金的推薦信。

SHARON: What kind of scholarship is it?

夏倫:是什麼樣的獎學金?

ALICE: It's an undergraduate scholarship offered by the American Minority Students Scholarship Association.I'm eligible for it because I'm Asian American.

艾麗斯:是一個大學生獎學金由美國少數民族學生獎學金協會所提供。我之所以符合申請是因為我是亞裔美人。

SHARON: Fine. I know about that have to be a student in your junior year,and you have to have a grade point average of 3.7 or higher.

夏倫:好。我知道有關獎學金的事。你必須是三年級學生,而且你的平均成績要在 3.7 或是更高。

ALICE: I'm a junior now, and my GPA is 3.92.

艾麗斯:我現在是三年級,而且我的平均成績是 3.92。

SHARON: Excellent. So you'll have a good chance of getting it.

夏倫:太好了。所以你有很好的機會拿到它。

ALICE: Well, I hope so. The competition is probably pretty they want a writing sample too.

艾麗斯:我也希望,可是競爭也很大。他們希望要有寫作的樣品。

SHARON: Do you have an essay you want to send them?

夏倫:你有作品可以寄給他們嗎?

ALICE: No, they want a special essay.I must write an essay on a particular question they pose.

艾麗斯:沒有,他們要比較特別的學術性文章。我必須寫一篇他們所提出的探討某一特定問題的文章。

SHARON: What is the question?

夏倫:問題是什麼?

ALICE: They give applicants a topic is, "The Place of Ethnic Minorities in a Democratic Society."My essay must be three pages typed and double-spaced.

艾麗斯:他們給申請人一個題目。題目是"少數民族在民主社會的地位。"我的文章必須要有三頁紙長,用打字機打好以及使用兩倍行距。

SHARON: That's a pretty short essay.

夏倫:那是一篇很短的文章。

ALICE: Yes, but I need to write it by next week.

艾麗斯:是的,但我需要在下星期以前寫好。

SHARON: Good luck. I'm sure you will do a good job.

夏倫:祝你好運。我很確定你會做得很好。

ALICE: I came here today to talk to you because... Well, I need to ask two favors.

艾麗斯:我今天來跟你談是因為……嗯,我想要請你幫兩個忙。

SHARON: Sure. What are they?

夏倫:好啊。是些什麼?

ALICE: First, I need a letter of recommendation.

艾麗斯:首先,我需要一封推薦信。

SHARON: I'd be happy to write one for you.

夏倫:我很樂意幫你寫。

ALICE: And second.... Well, I'm not sure if it's normal.

艾麗斯:第二……嗯,我不確定這是否可以。

SHARON: What is it? Do you want me to read your essay?

夏倫:是什麼?你要我看你的文章嗎?

ALICE: Yes, if you could.I mean, if you could read it to make sure there are no maybe you'd have some suggestions.

艾麗斯:是的,如果你可以的話。我的意思是,如果你能幫我看並確認沒有問題。或是你可以給一些建議。

SHARON: Of course I could read it. That's no problem. But you need to get it to me soon.

夏倫:當然我可以看。那沒有問題,但是你需要快一點給我。

ALICE: I will. I want to write the first draft I could bring it tomorrow morning.

艾麗斯:我會的。我晚上會寫初稿。這樣我明天一早就可以給妳了。

SHARON: Alright. If you can bring it to me tomorrow morning,I can talk with you after class on I'll have some feedback for you before the weekend.

夏倫:好的。如果你明天一早就可以給我我可以在星期五下課後告訴你。那麼我可以在週末前給你一些反饋。

ALICE: That would really help me a lot. I'm very grateful.

艾麗斯:這真的給我很大的幫助,我真的很感謝你。

SHARON: Don't mention it. I'm always willing to help good students.

夏倫:別客氣。我很樂意幫助好學生。

猜你喜歡

熱點閲讀

最新文章

推薦閲讀