英語閲讀英語故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(6)

本文已影響 4.23K人 

I was terrified that my father could be dead.

ing-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(6)
我很擔心父親是不是死了。

Then Fiona brought in a Pakistani newspaper from the week before

於是菲奧娜帶了份一星期前的巴基斯坦報紙給我,

which had a photograph of my father talking to General Kayani with a shawled figure sitting at the back next to my brother. I could just see her feet.

上面有一張我父親正在與基亞尼將軍説話的照片,在他們的身後,一個戴着披肩的人和我的弟弟坐在一起。

'That's my mother!' I wrote.

我只能看到她的雙腳。“那是我母親!”我這樣寫道。

Later that day Dr Javid came in with his mobile phone.

那天稍晚,賈維德醫生帶着手機進到病房。

'We're going to call your parents,' he said.

“我們要打電話給你的父母。”他説。

My eyes shone with excitement.

我的雙眼難掩興奮。

'You won't cry, you won't weep,' he instructed me.

“你不可以大哭,也不可以啜泣。”這是他給我的建議。

He was gruff but very kind, like he had known me for ever.

他很嚴肅但也非常仁慈,彷彿他已經認識我一輩子了一樣。

'I will give you the mobile and be strong.' I nodded.

“我會把手機拿給你,但你要堅強。”我點頭。

He dialled the number, spoke and then gave me the phone.

他撥了號碼,説了幾句話,然後把電話交到我手中。

There was my father's voice.

那是父親的聲音。

I couldn't talk because of the tube in my neck. But I was so happy to hear him.

因為脖子上還插着氧氣管,我無法説話,但我很高興能聽見他説話。

I couldn't smile because of my face, but it was as if there was a smile inside.

因為臉部受創的關係,我沒有辦法笑,但我的心在微笑。

'I'll come soon,' he promised. 'Now have a rest and in two days we will be there.'

“我很快就會過去,”他答應我,“好好休息,兩天以後我們就會到你那裏。”

猜你喜歡

熱點閲讀

最新文章