口語英語每日英語口語

英協視頻:你獲聘了8(Later the same day)

本文已影響 2.29W人 

 

padding-bottom: 56.25%;">英協視頻:你獲聘了8(Later the same day)

Episode 8
你獲聘了8
Later the same day
當天稍晚時候

 

...ok...ok...that’s great! We’ll be pleased to have you on the team! Looking forward to seeing you next week! Bye!
……好的……好的……那太好了!我們很高興你能成爲我們公司的一員!期待下週能見到你!再見!

Was that Sarah?
是薩拉?

Yes - she’s going to accept the job, and wants to come in next week for a chat...
對 – 她接受這份工作了,想下週過來聊聊……

Great news. Now you just have to tell the other guy that we don’t want him...
好消息。下面我們只需要告訴另一個傢伙,我們不想要他……

I hate giving bad news...
我討厭給別人壞消息……

I’m glad that it’s your job and not mine!
我很慶幸這是你的工作,而不是我的!

Ok, may as well do it straight away...
好吧,可以馬上就做……

Dear Mr Watson...we regret to inform you that you have not got the job...
親愛的沃森先生……我們很遺憾地通知你,你沒有得到這份工作……

hmmm... sounds a bit too direct.
嗯……聽上去有點太直接了。

How about...‘Dear Mr Watson, Thank you for your application to WebWare. We regret to inform you that you weren’t successful.’
這樣如何……“親愛的沃森先生,謝謝你申請WebWare公司的職位。但我們很遺憾地通知你,你沒有成功。”

Hmmm...I think you should say something positive.
恩……我覺得你應該說點積極的話。

But he was terrible!
但他的表現實在是慘不忍睹!

Well, he wasn’t great, no, but, I think we should be positive and polite.
雖然他表現得不太好,但我覺得我們還是應該積極一些,客氣一些。

Yes, you’re absolutely right. OK how about this
好吧,你是完全正確的。這樣如何,

‘Dear Mr Watson, Thank you for your application to WebWare. You were a promising candidate.
“親愛的沃森先生,謝謝你申請WebWare公司的職位。你是一名非常有前途的候選人。

However, we regret to inform you that the competition for the post was very strong, and we will not be offering you the position.
但是,我們很遺憾地通知你,該職位的競爭非常激烈,因此我們無法給你這份工作。

Yours sincerely, etc etc...’
您誠摯的,等等……”

Yes, that’s more like it...but we should include some feedback...
對,差不多了……但我們應該加一些反饋意見……

Of course – how about if I add this:
當然 – 如果我加這些怎麼樣:

“In future, you may wish to moderate your personal style, and carefully fact-check your CV...”
“以後你可以讓自己的個人風格變得更加溫和,仔細檢查簡歷是否符合事實……”

How does that sound?
聽起來怎麼樣?

I’m not sure what ‘moderate your personal style’ means. It’s a bit vague...
我不太明白“讓自己的個人風格變得更加溫和”是什麼意思。有一點模糊……

Hmm... ok, how about ‘give more specific examples of your achievements, and show how you work as part of a team’.
呃……好吧,“對於你的工作成就舉一些更加具體的例子,展示自己是如何作爲團隊一份子參加工作的”,如何?

Ok, yes, I like that...and remember to finish with something like, ‘We wish you the best of luck in the future’!
好,就這樣,我喜歡……記得結尾加上這樣的話,“我們祝你未來好運”!

Of course – I certainly do wish him luck! Ok – done. I’ll send it now.
當然 – 我當然要祝他好運!好 - 寫好了。我現在就發出去。

 

http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org.cn/zh-hans/youre-hired/episode-8
 

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀