迷你對話學地道口語第1370期:極好的主意
第一,迷你對話
A: What do you want for your birthday from your parents?
你生日的時候,希望從你父母那兒得到什麼禮物。
B: I don't know. Maybe a pair of shoes.
我不知道,也許是一雙鞋子。
A: Why don't you ask them to buy you a PC? You will soon use it at college.
爲什麼不讓他們給你買臺電腦呢?很快你上大學就用得到了。
B: That's a dandy idea. Thank you for reminding me.
好主意,謝謝你提醒我。
第二,地道表達
dandy idea
1. 解詞釋義
Dandy idea是指“特別好的主意,極好的主意”。Dandy是“上等的,極好的”意思。
2. 拓展範例
E.g. A dandy idea struck me while I was walking along the river.
我在河邊散步時突然有了一個好主意.
E.g. A question period at the end of a speech is a dandy idea.
演講結束後,用一段時間提問是個好主意。
E.g.. Robert has hit upon a dandy idea that will get us out of our difficulty.
羅伯特想出了一個好主意,可以使我們擺脫困境。
E.g. All at once Jack had andanty idea, a veritable inspiration.
Jack忽然心血來潮想出一個主意,這倒真是個好主意。
第三,視野拓展
want something from somebody:從某人身上得到某物
E.g. You have to be brave enough to show what you want from him.
你向他要的,要明白勇於表達出來。
E.g. Exactly what do you want from me, Mrs. Stewart?
究竟對我有什麼要求, Stewart太太?
a pair of :一雙
E.g. Tom often wears a pair of brown shoes.
湯姆常穿一雙褐色皮鞋。
E.g. A pair of white shoes completed the striking ensemble.
一雙白鞋配這套醒目的服裝已完美無缺了。
at college:在上大學讀書
E.g. He said he saw from the address that I was still at college.
他說他從地址得知我還在求學。
E.g. During his first few months at college David had been very conscious of his humble background.
在入學以後的頭幾個月裏,戴維深感自己出身卑賤。