口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1970期:返回

本文已影響 1.01W人 

第一, 情景對話

ing-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1970期:返回

A: Have you heard that the satellite is slowly making its way back to the earth, and is expected to reenter our atmosphere within the next two weeks?

你聽說了嗎?那顆人造衛星正在慢慢地返回地球,預計在未來兩週之內就會進入大氣層。

B: Which satellite did you mention?

你指的是哪一顆

A: I'm not sure. It's nothing but hearsay.

我也說不準,這個消息我也只是聽說的。

B: Oh, maybe we can find the answer on the newspaper.

哦,也許我們可以在報紙上找到答案。

第二, 詞海拾貝

make one’s way back to

exp. To return to. (返回)

e.g. But the next day two of his uncles made his way back to island.

但是第二天,他的兩個叔叔突然回到島上。

e.g. She was determined under no circumstances to make her way back to Court Leys.

她下了決心無論如何不回萊伊府第。

e.g. When he makes his way back to his homeland, he finds his father working in the garden with a shovel.

當他返家時,他又看見他的父親執着鋤頭在園中工作。

e.g. He knelt at her feet and implored her favor and assistance to enable him to make his way back to his native country.

他跪在她的面前,請求她助他一臂之力,使他能返回祖國。

第三, 語彙積累

1. hearsay:傳聞,謠言,道聽途說

e.g. You shouldn't believe that it's just hearsay.

你不該相信那話,那不過是道聽途說罷了。

e.g. I knew by hearsay that he was the editor of the American Mercury.

我聽說他是《美國信使》的編輯。

e.g. This is not a matter of hearsay or theory, but of fact.

這不是道聽途說或者空話,而是事實。

3. the next two weeks:未來的兩週,接下來的兩週

e.g. You probably won't make $30 in the next two weeks.

你可能在未來的兩週後賺不到三十美元了。

e.g. We had a great time chatting and emailing each other for the next two weeks.

接下來的兩個星期,我們聊得很愉快,也互傳電子郵件。

4. nothing but+名詞或名詞性短語:只不過……

e.g. His speech was nothing but milk and water.

他的講話平淡無奇毫無意義。

e.g. I had nothing in the world but two available hands.

在這個世界上,我什麼都沒有了,只有兩隻能用的手。

e.g. In the room I found nothing but a table.

我在房間裏只發現一張桌子。

5. on the newspaper:在報紙上

e.g. Her name has appeared on the newspaper.

她的名字上了報。

e.g. I memorize that I have seen the news about this earthquake on the newspaper.

我記得在報紙上看到過關於這次地震的消息。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章