迷你對話學地道口語第1897期:狂歡
第一,情景對話
A: I want to be a big-time spender today.
今天我得擺擺闊。
B: Yeah. Let's go on a binge. I feel like a million dollars today.
對,咱們好好樂樂。我今天特別高興。
A: Right. Let's go!
我也是。咱們這就走!
第二,詞海拾貝
go on a binge
變異:be on bring
exp. To do too much of something, especially to drink too much. (狂歡)
e.g. Jane went on a binge last night and is very sick this morning.
簡昨晚縱酒狂歡,今天早上病得很厲害。
e.g. Bill loves to spend money on clothes. He's out on a binge right now—buying everything in sight.
Bill喜歡把錢花在衣服上。他現在狂購,把眼裏的東西都買下來。
e.g. I heard you went on quite a binge last night at the bar. How are you feeling this morning?
我聽說你昨晚在酒吧狂歡了。你今天早上感覺怎麼樣?
e.g. Get these cupcakes away from me before I go on a binge and eat them all.
在我狂歡之前把這些蛋糕拿開,並把它們全部吃掉。
第三,語彙積累
1.a big-time spender: 出手闊綽的人,揮霍無度的人
e.g. Yeah, she's head over heels about this guy because he's a big-time spender.
是啊,她瘋狂地愛上那傢伙,因爲他很會花錢。
e.g. You are really a big-time spender. I am the opposite, I am tight with money.
你花錢真是大手大腳,我正相反,花錢很小心。
2.feel like a million dollars
exp. Feel healthy and happy. (感到棒極了;感覺很好;心情舒暢)
e.g. Wow, I feel like a million dollars in this new suit!
哇,我穿這套新衣服感覺棒極了!
e.g. I guess fluids and rest were all I needed to beat that cold. I'm already feeling like a million dollars compared to yesterday!
我想我需要補充水分和休息來抵禦感冒,我已經感覺比昨天好多了!