口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第226期:給人留下壞印象

本文已影響 2.52W人 

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">迷你對話學地道口語第226期:給人留下壞印象

A: I had to announce his innocence in court today, but it left a nasty taste in my mouth.

今天我不得不在法庭上宣佈他無罪,可是我心裏覺得不對勁。

B: You mean you suspect him.

你是說你懷疑他。

A: I’m not sure. I’ll try to prove my feeling.

我不敢肯定,我會設法證實的。

B: I hope I can do something for you.

我希望我能幫上忙。

地道表達:

leave a nasty ( or bad ) taste in one’s mouth

解詞釋義:

leave a nasty ( or bad ) taste in one’s mouth的字面意思是“在嘴巴里留下難聞的味道”,引申爲“留下令人厭惡的印象”之意。

支持範例:

The way some institutions treat old people these days leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

近來一些機構對待老人的做法給我留下了極壞的印象。

His rudeness to his parents left a nasty taste in my mouth.

他對父母的粗暴態度,給我留下很不好的印象。

The scandal-allegations of votes being bought leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

醜聞關於那些受賄的選票,總讓人覺得心裏不是滋味。

They left a very bad taste in my mouth and I don’t think they are reliable.

他們給我留下了很差的印象,我認爲他們不可靠。

詞海拾貝:

1. in court:在法庭上

Eg. A material witness failed to appear in court.

一名重要的證人沒有出庭。

Eg. I have to appear in court on a charge of drunken driving.

我被控告醉酒駕駛而要出庭受審。

Eg. Will the charge stand up in court?

這個指控在法庭上能成立嗎?

Eg. Are you willing to swear in court that you saw him do it?

你願意在法庭上宣誓說你曾看見他做那件事了嗎?

2. do something for:爲......做點事情

Eg. Mike longed to do something for the people across the sea.

邁克期望能爲海外的人們做一些事情。

Eg. You would rejoice, I am sure, to do something for your poor father.

我相信你一定很願意替你可憐的父親做一點事的。

Eg. With anguish he wished he could do something for Walter.

悲慟之餘,他希望能爲沃爾特做點事。

Eg. In this festive season of the year, it is good to do something for the poor.

在這歡樂的季節,爲窮人們做點事情是很好的。

3. announce one’s innocence:宣判無罪

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章