口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第2050期:極其信賴,十分推崇

本文已影響 9.42K人 

情景對話:

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2050期:極其信賴,十分推崇

A: What are you doing?

你在幹嗎?

B: I am reading a book which the professor swears by.

我在讀一本教授十分推崇的事。

A: Is it interesting?

有趣嗎?

B: No, not interesting, but it does good for our study.

不,不是有趣,但對我們的學習非常有好處。

一, 詞海拾貝

swear by

exp. To announce one's full faith and trust in someone or something. (十分推崇,極其信賴

e.g. I would swear by Roger any time. He is a great guy and he tells the truth.

我任何時候都極其信賴Roger——他是個很好的人,他說的都是實話。

e.g. I swear by this computer. It has always served me well.

我十分推崇這部電腦——它一直都沒出問題。

e.g. Many of my friends are using word processors but I still swear by my old typewriter.

我有許多朋友都使用文字處理機,可我還是愛用我的老式打字機。

You should ask our accountant to have a look at your tax returns. He's always been able to save us money, so we swear by him!

你應該叫我們的會計來看看你的納稅申報單——因爲他總是能爲我們省錢,所以我們極其信賴他。

Not everyone believes that magnets have healing properties, but I've sworn by them for years—they're the only thing that's given me relief from back pain!

不是每個人都相信磁體有治療功能,但是我已經信賴它們多年了——它們是唯一能給我減輕背痛的東西。

二, 語彙積累

do good for:對某人有好處

e.g. You see, we think that the fresh air of the downs and the very emptiness of the landscape will do good for our friends.

你知道我們認爲小山上的新鮮空氣和一片開闊的景色對我們的朋友是有益處的。

e.g. Jim believes fresh air and morning exercises do good for him.

吉姆堅信新鮮空氣及早操對他是有益處的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章