英語閱讀雙語新聞

專屬吃貨的18個瞬間:生命在於美食大綱

本文已影響 1.84W人 

ing-bottom: 71.79%;">專屬吃貨的18個瞬間:生命在於美食

1. The neverending need to try new foods.

生命不息,試吃不止。

It's like being a drug addict, but instead of booze and crack it's crackers and anchovies.

你就像個癮君子一樣,但惹你上癮的不是酒精或毒品,而是小餅乾和鳳尾魚。

2. The overwhelming need to order something different every time you eat out.

每次出去吃都一定要點些不同的食物

No matter if it's McDonald's or Le Bernardin, you will never on any occasion order the same thing twice.

不管是在麥當勞還是伯納丁餐廳,無論如何你都不會點兩次相同的食物。

3. Not being able to order the same thing someone at your tabled ordered, because that would be insane.

不能點同一桌客人點過的東西,因爲這樣做和精神病人沒區別。

You were going to get the duck, but since Janet decided to “get something exotic” you're stuck ordering the shrimp. You hate Janet.

你準備點只鴨子,但那時簡內特決定要些“異域特色”,所以你改成吃蝦。並從此以後討厭簡內特。

4. Lying about where all your money goes.

騙自己錢的流向。

You know where it goes; to $200 dinners, that's where.

但你知道錢究竟花在什麼地方了:200美元一頓的晚餐。

5. Risking your vacation by eating authentic street food.

度假時冒險去吃正宗路邊攤。

“What is that? Goat? No. Is it meat? Ah, screw it! Give me one and make it spicy.” — You, before you spend the whole next day on the toilet.

“那是什麼東西?山羊肉?不是。是肉嗎?啊,管那麼多幹嘛,給我一塊,要多加辣的。”——然後就等着第二天在廁所裏蹲一天吧。

專屬吃貨的18個瞬間:生命在於美食 第2張

6. Being called a “foodie” from people who think they're trying to be cute.

有些想對你表示友好的人會管你叫“吃貨”。

“I bet you'll love this place, you foodie. It has weird things on the menu.”

“我打賭你這吃貨肯定喜歡這裏,他們菜單上有好多稀奇古怪的東西。”

7. Waiting in line, seemingly forever, just to try the “newest thing.”

排着似乎永遠也輪不到自己的長隊,只是爲了嚐嚐“最新推薦”。

Whether it's a restaurant or food truck, newbie or classic, you will wait in line. There's a 90% chance the food will suck, but that 10% …

不管是在餐廳裏還是在移動餐車上,不管是新式創意還是古典傳統,你都會擠緊那條隊伍中。一般90%的情況下排到的東西都很難吃,但爲了另外的10%還是值得等待的。

8. Driving hours to try the “best taco you've ever tasted.”

不惜開車幾小時,只爲吃到“最好吃的墨西哥玉米卷”

Was it the best taco? Meh. Was it worth the journey? You betcha.

那是最好吃的玉米卷嗎?嗯,大概吧。值得大老遠跑一趟嗎?那還用問!

9. Not understanding people who think seafood is gross.

不理解爲什麼有些人覺得海鮮噁心。

Being allergic I get, but thinking it's “icky” … not so much.

要是因爲他們對海鮮過敏還值得理解,但是認爲海鮮噁心的,就很讓人費解了……

10. When friends give you a hard time for ordering something simple.

一起點餐時你朋友給你出難題:“點些簡單的就成”。

“Yeah, I got a scoop of vanilla. What of it?!”

“好吧,我這兒點一勺香草,夠簡單不?”

11. Not throttling people when they say plebian things, like “cilantro tastes like soap.”

當人們說出“香菜嚐起來像肥皂”一類的膚淺評論時,就有一股抑制不住想要掐死他的衝動。

Almost as frustrating as people not knowing that coriander and cilantro are the SAME EFFING THING!

大概很多人都不知道,香菜和芫荽就是一種東西!

12. Getting jealous when you see what the guy at the table next to you ordered.

看到鄰桌點的東西后你會嫉妒

“I knew I should have gotten the halibut!”

我早就知道我應該點那條大比目魚。

13. Realizing you are eating something awesome that you probably will never eat again.

當你意識到以後你可能再也吃不到這麼好吃的東西時。

You know you're never going to be in Bruges again, so just try to enjoy the meal while you can.

你知道你以後再也不會來布魯日了(比利時西部城市),所以好好珍惜眼前的美食吧。

14. Constantly searching for the perfect “crunch” or “acid” factor in a dish.

不斷探求一道菜中最適宜的“脆度”和“酸度”。

專屬吃貨的18個瞬間:生命在於美食 第3張

You've never found it, and you probably never will.

你從沒找到答案,估計以後也找不到。

15. Planning your trips around the business hours of restaurants.

你會盤算着在工作時間到餐館小憩試吃。

“They're only open from 11am – 1pm Mondays and Wednesdays. If we leave at 10 then …”

“他們只在週一和週三上午11點到下午1點營業,所以如果我們10點翹班……”

16. Feeling obligated to try the food from every food truck you see.

吃遍所有視線所及的移動餐車,並將其視爲己任。

Indian-style dumplings? Korean sauerkraut? Count me in!

印度風味水餃?韓國泡菜?算我一份!

17. Fighting the urge to consistently watch food porn.

必須時刻抵制想去看美食影片的誘惑。

Whether it be Anderw Zimmern's Bizzare Foods, or any plethora of food documentaries, you will always stop whatever you are doing to watch.

不管是安德魯·席默的《古怪食物》,還是其它種類繁多的美食紀錄片,你一直都想着停下手裏的活兒去看視頻。

18. Facing the fact that you will never be satisfied.

事實是你從來都不會吃飽。

Ugh. Now I'm hungry. Again.

呃,現在我又餓了。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章