美語情景對話 第20期:搭飛機回家 Going Home
Todd: OK, Victor, tomorrow you're flying home.
維克多,明天你要搭飛機回家。Victor: Yes, that's correct.
是的,沒錯。Todd: OK. So, are you afraid of flying?
你害怕坐飛機嗎?
Victor: No, flying's fine.
不,做飛機挺好。Todd: Really. Back home, for your job, do you fly?
真的。回到家,你會因為工作而搭飛機嗎?Victor: No, I drive to work.and to different assignments.
不,我工作需要開車去不同的地點。Todd: OK, you never have to fly to go to conventions or other cities or stuff like that.
好的,你從來不用不用搭飛機去開會,或是出國?Victor: Once or twice each year I do fly to go to conventions connected with my work.
每年一次或兩次我會搭飛機出差開會。Todd: OK. Um, tomorrow you have a really long flight.
好的,明天你要坐很長時間的飛機。Victor: That's correct.
是的。Todd: It's probably what about 15 hours
大約15小時。Victor: From Narita to Washington DC is 12 hours in the air.
從成田機場坐飛機到華盛頓需要12小時。Todd: So how do you pass the time on the plane?
那麼你如何在飛機上打發時間呢?Victor: On the plane I like to sleep as much as possible.
我喜歡在飛機上儘可能多地睡覺。Todd: OK. Do you take medication or just have a beer or..?
好的。你靠吃藥還是喝點兒酒來入睡?Victor: No, no. I don't take any medication. I just, I tend to stay up late the day before so that I'm so tired I'll want to sleep on the plane.
不。我不吃藥。我只是在搭飛機前一天睡得晚點,這樣我在飛機上就會覺得很累很想睡覺。Todd: Well, good strategy and I hope you have a good flight.
哇,好策略,希望你明天旅途愉快。注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。