口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第170期:Put Someone on the Spot

本文已影響 2.29W人 

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Doing something "on the spot" means doing something right now.

當場做某事的意思就是立即做某事。

For example, someone could offer you.a job "on the sport" right after meeting you.

例如,某人會在見你之後,當場就聘用你。

But let's see if we can figure out this expression. Put Someone on the Spot

但是讓我們看看這個表達是什麼意思。令人難堪

一分鐘英語 第170期:Put Someone on the Spot

Hey, Jonathan, how was your meeting with Christina?

嘿,喬納森,你和克里斯蒂娜的會議怎麼樣?

She asked me how I thought she was doing with the new project.

她問我對她現在做的新項目有什麼看法。

Well, that's direct. I know.

真的很直接啊。

She really put me on the spot. I actually think she could be doing a lot better.

她真的令我很難堪。其實我覺得她可以做得更好。

To "put someone on the spot" means to put them in a tough or uncomfortable situation.

令人難堪指的就是把某人置於一個困難、不舒適的情形下。

Usually it means demanding an immediate answer or action.

通常其意爲命令某人立即給出答覆或反應。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章