口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第142期:Got up on the Wrong Side of the Bed

本文已影響 1.7W人 

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Maybe you have heard this saying in American English: Got up on the Wrong Side of the Bed

你也許在美語中聽過這種說法:心情不佳

Is there a right or wrong side of a bed?

一張牀真的分對錯邊嗎?

What happens if you get up on the wrong side of the bed? Let's listen:

如果你“get up on the wrong side of the bed”,會怎樣呢?讓我們來聽一聽:

padding-bottom: 55.33%;">一分鐘英語 第142期:Got up on the Wrong Side of the Bed

Wow, Mike is in such a bad mood today! Stay away from him.

喔,麥克今天心情真差。離他遠一點。

You are right. He is so angry.

你說得對,他非常生氣。

I bet he got up on the wrong side of the bed!

我打賭他早上起牀後心情就不好。

If you got up on the wrong side of the bed, it means you started the day in a bad way.

如果你起牀後心情就不好,那意思就是說接下來的一天都會由不好的事情開始。

The saying comes from ancient Roman times.

這種說法從古羅馬時期就有了。

The Romans believed it was bad luck to put your left foot on the floor first when getting out of bed.

羅馬人認爲,起牀的時候如果左腳先着地,那麼運氣就會很差。

Now you can use got up on the wrong side of the bed in a conversation.

現如今,你可以在對話中使用“got up on the wrong side of the bed”這個短語了。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章