口語英語口語英語學習材料

初級口語教程(MP3附字幕) Part15:Compromise妥協

本文已影響 1.19W人 

15 Compromise
妥協
on the bandwagon.
隨大溜。(較隨便)
A:What're you supposed to do now?
你現在該怎麼辦呢?
B:The only thing for me to do is to get on the bandwagon.
我只能隨大溜。
A:It can be taken as a way.
這倒是個辦法。
with the tide.
隨大溜。(較隨便)
A:What did he do with the boss's decision?
他對老闆的決定採取了什麼態度?
B:He wouldn't disagree;he's learned to swim with the tide.
他不反對,他已學會了隨大溜.
A:Everybody has to do hat in this society.
在這個社會裏,每個人都得那麼做.
You'd better water down yur demand .
你最好降低一下要求.(較隨便)
A:You'd better water down your demand. B:Why?
你最好降低一下要求.爲什麼呢?
A:Or the boss will turn then down at once.
因爲如不這樣,老闆會立即把他們駁回.
Let's meet each other half way.
咱們各讓一半.(通用)
A:Don't argue any 's meet each other half way,OK?
別爭了,咱們各讓一半吧,好不好?
B:All right 's good for you to say so.
好的,你能這麼說太好了.
Only in this way can we close the deal.
只有這樣才能成交.
the best out of a hard bargain.
......盡力而爲.(通用)
A:Things are becoming so difficult.
事情越來越困難了。
B:So I hope everyone of us will make the best out of a hard bargain.
因此我希望大家都能盡力而爲。
A:Yes,indeed.
對,確實是這樣。
I don't mind one way or the other.
我無所謂,怎麼都行.(通用)
A:Do you want the eggs overcooked or underdone?
你的煎雞蛋要老一點還是嫩一點?
B:I don't mind one way or the other. A:I know.
我無所謂,怎麼都行.我知道了。
re out a way to ...
......想個辦法。......(通用)
A:We must figure out a way to settle the dispute.
我們想個辦法解決這個爭端。
B:Yes,a way has to be found. A:But it's not easy.
對,必須想個辦法.但並不容易.
in on both sides.
......相互讓步.(通用)
A:How on earth will they end the strike?
到底怎樣才能結束罷工呢?
B:They'll have to give in on both sides,I think.
我認爲雙方必須相互讓步。
A:But neither of them wants to do so.
但他們誰也不肯這樣。
B:Then the strike will last for ever.
那麼這場罷工會永遠持續下去的。
along with one's ideas for the time being.
暫時參與......的計劃.(通用)
A:Are you in favor of his plan?
你們贊成他的計劃嗎?
Not we've finally decided to play along with his ideas for the time being
並不贊成,我最終決定暫時參與他的計劃。
A:What do you mean by that?
你那樣說是什麼意思?
B:We agreed with him temporarily.
我們只是暫時同意他的意見。
There's no room for compromise.
沒有妥協的餘地。(通用)
A:I think we'd better reach a compromise.
我認爲我們最好相互讓步。
B:Unfortunately,I don't think there's room for compromise in this matter.
但遺憾的是,我認爲在這件事上沒有妥協的餘地。
A:It seems we'll never reach any agreement.
看來我們永遠也不會達成協議了。
When in Rome,do as the Romans do.
入鄉隨俗.(通用)
A:We shouldn't dress very formally in the country.
我們在鄉下不應該空得太正式。
B:Yeah,we should be casual when we stay with country people.
是啊,和鄉下人在一起我們隨便一些。
A:When in Rome,do as the Romans do.
入鄉隨俗嘛。
out a compromise.
制定妥協方案。(通用)
A:Did you finally work out a compromise? B:No,we couldn't.
你們最後制定出妥協方案了嗎?沒有。
A:Why? B:They wouln't give in neither would we.
爲什麼?他們不讓步,我們也不願讓步。
a give-and-take attitude.
......需採取互諒互讓的態度。
A:I find it hard to get on with my colleagues.
我發現和同事相處很難。
B:You need a give-and-take attitude to get along in this firm.
要想在這個公司和同事處好,你需採取諒互讓的態度.
A:Thank you for your advice.
謝謝你的忠告。
mutual concessions.
......雙方讓步。(較正式)
A:If we want to reach an agreement,we should make mutual concessions.
如果我們想達成協議的話,必須雙方讓步。
You said long as we do it,we'll achieve an agreement.A:That's right.
你說到點子上了,只要我們能這樣做,會達成協議的.是這樣的.
ably.
......和解。(較正式)
A:What's the result of the dispute between the two parties?
兩黨史爭端的結局怎麼樣了?
B:They finally selled it amicably.
他們最終和解了。
A:Tt's the same as I had expected.
和我預料的一樣。
t the difference.
採取折中的方法.(較正式)
A:Your price is a bit too high.
你的價格有點太高了。
B:We have to split the difference. A:That's the thing to do.
我們雙方都得讓一點了.應該這樣。
a hard line.
......採取強硬態度。(較正式)
A:Will our boss agree to change the plan?
老闆會改變計劃嗎?
B:No,he still takes a hard kine.
不,他態度強硬.
He has ordered us to finish our work according to 'll never change it
他命令我們按期完成任務就沒有改變的餘地.
A:He's really marble-hearted.
真是鐵石心腸啊!
into line...
......同意 ......。(較正式)
A:Do you follow his decision all the time?
你們總是聽從他的決定嗎?
B: he announces a plan,all of us fall into line.
是的。他宣佈的計劃,我們都同意。
A:You never reject his ideas? B:'s the boss,you know.
你們從來不拒絕嗎?從來不拒絕.他是老闆呀.
down on
在......上作出讓步.(較正式)
A:I finally backed down on my plan.B:I thought you would stick to it.
我的計劃最終作出讓步.我本以爲你會一直堅持下去.
A:I couldn't,simply because so many people have opposite opinions.
那麼多人持反對意見,我根本不能堅持.

初級口語教程(MP3附字幕) Part15:Compromise妥協

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章