口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1366期:保持冷靜的態度;不動生色

本文已影響 1.18W人 

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 100%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1366期:保持冷靜的態度;不動生色

A: You see, our happiness depends on other people, and theirs depends on us, too.

你看,我們的幸福依賴於別人,而別人的幸福也依賴於我們。

B: I know the philosophy, but in practice may things do not work that way.

我懂得哲學,但是在現實生活中,很多事情並非如此。

A: You don't care? What about when people are try to enrage you?

你不在乎?別人激怒你,你如何反應。

B: I remain as what I am without turning a hair, of course.

當然,我仍舊保持冷靜的態度。

第二,地道表達

without turning a hair

1. 解詞釋義

Without turning a hair是副詞性習語,字面意思是“一根頭髮絲都不動”,用之比喻爲“保持冷靜的態度”“不動聲色”“面不改色心不跳”的意思。

2. 拓展範例

E.g. Jack who had always drunk others under the table without turning a hair and then put them to bed.

以前Jack是經常不動聲色地將別人灌醉,讓他們昏頭昏腦,然後把他們弄上牀去的呀!

E.g. Johnny listened to the whole of that horrible story without turning a hair.

約翰尼把那個恐怖的故事原原本本地聽了一遍,一點也不顯得害怕。

E.g. When the thug demanded money from the bank teller, she pressed the alarm button without turning a hair.

當暴徒威脅銀行出納員交出鈔票時,她毫不驚慌地按下了報警按鈕。

E.g. The wine tasted like vinegar, but Norman drank a large glass of it without turning a hair.

這酒的味道像醋一樣,可是Norman面不改色地唱了一大杯。

第三,視野拓展

depend on:依賴於......

E.g. In my opinion, we must depend on intensive cultivation to feed ourselves.

我看我們就是要靠精耕細作吃飯。

E.g. We depend on the newspapers for information about what is happening.

我們依憑報紙獲悉所發生的事情。

in practice:實際上,事實上,在實踐

E.g. He has accumulated rich experience in practice.

他在實踐中積累了豐富的經驗。

It's sounded like a good idea, but in practice it didn't work.

這聽起來像是個好主意, 但做起來卻行不通。

E.g. In practice, workers do not work to satisfy their needs.

事實上,工人工作並不是爲了滿足本身的需要。

第四,短句翻譯

中文:我依舊保持本色。

譯文:I remain as what I am.



猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章