口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第51期: over the moon欣喜若狂

本文已影響 2.67W人 

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第51期: over the moon欣喜若狂

Li: Hello, I'm Li and welcome to The English We Speak.

李:你好,我是李,歡迎來到我們所說的英語

Rob: And hello, I'm Rob. Now Li, I need to tell you something. You know John in the office? Well, he's got a new job.

羅伯:大家好,我是羅伯。現在李,我得告訴你一些事。你知道辦公室的約翰嗎?他換了一個新工作。

Li: That's great news. How is he feeling?

李:這是好消息啊。他感覺怎麼樣?

Rob: Well, obviously, he's over the moon.

羅伯:顯然,他欣喜若狂啊。

Li: What? John is 'over the moon'? Is he going to be an astronaut?

李:什麼?約翰在月亮之上?他要成爲宇航員了嗎?

Rob: No Li! Well, I don't think so. I just mean he's extremely pleased and happy.

羅伯:不是李!我想不是這樣的。我只是說他非常滿意和開心。

Li: Oh I see. I know in the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle Diddle, "the cow jumped over the moon", but I've never heard of a man jumping over the moon, so he must be very, very, very excited.

李:哦,我知道了。我知道在兒歌搖啊搖裏“牛跳到了月亮之上”,但是我從沒聽過一個人跳到月亮之上,所以他一定非常非常激動。

Rob: It's just a saying Li. He's not actually jumping over the moon. We say it to show that he's so excited that, in theory, he could jump as high as the moon!

羅伯:這只是一種形容李。他並沒有真的跳到月亮之上。我們用它來表示他太激動了以至於理論上他可以跳的和月亮一樣高。

Li: And over it!

李:並且超過月亮!

Rob: Li, do you know how high the moon really is?

羅伯:李,你知道月亮實際上有多高嗎?

Li: No, but I know it's a long way away.

李:不知道,但是我知道那是距離很遠的地方。

Rob: It certainly is! Let's hear some more examples of people being over the moon...

羅伯:它確實是!讓我們來聽更多的人們欣喜若狂的例子。

When Jane heard she had won the lottery, she was over the moon.

當簡聽到她中了彩票的時候,她欣喜若狂。

When he found out he'd passed his exam he was over the moon.

當他發現自己通過考試的時候,他欣喜若狂。

I can't hide it; I'm over the moon about getting a promotion.

我藏不住了,我升職了因此欣喜若狂。

Li: So, being 'over the moon' means being very excited.

李:所以,在月亮之上的意思是欣喜若狂。

Rob: Of course John is not only over the moon about getting a new job, he's also on cloud nine.

羅伯:當然了約翰得到新工作不僅欣喜若狂還高興得飄飄然了。

Li: What? Now he's on cloud nine?! Is he going to be an airline pilot then, or even a bird?

李:什麼?現在他在9號雲上?他將要成爲飛機飛行員了或者一隻鳥了?

Rob: Nothing like that. It's just another way of saying he's very excited and happy about something – he's up on a very high cloud – cloud nine.

羅伯:不是那樣的。這只是另一種表現他對某事非常激動和開心的說法——他高興得飄飄然了——飄飄然。

Li: I see.

李:我懂了。

Rob: Here's some more examples…

羅伯:以下是一些例子。

Julie got married last week and she's been on cloud nine ever since.

朱莉上週結婚了,自那以後她就高興得飄飄然了。

I've never seen Fred so happy; he's been on cloud nine since he passed his exams!

我從沒有見過弗雷德這麼開心,自從他通過考試以後她就高興得飄飄然了!

Rob: So now we know what to say about someone who's very excited and happy.

羅伯:所以現在我們知道如何形容某人非常激動和開心了。

Li: Yes, two good phrases. So, come on Rob, if John is not going to be a pilot or an astronaut, what is his new job? Something just as exciting maybe?

李:是的,兩個好的短語。所以,來吧羅伯,如果約翰不會成爲一名飛行員或宇航員,他的新工作是什麼?或許是和這一樣有趣的?

Rob: No – he's going to be an accountant.

羅伯:不,他將要成爲一名會計。

Li: Oh, boring! Are you sure? Who is that I can see jumping over the moon? Look!

李:哦,無聊!你確定嗎?我看到的那個跳到月亮之上的是誰?快看!

Rob: Is it a cow? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

羅伯:這是一隻牛嗎?是一隻鳥嗎?是一架飛機嗎?

Li: No, no, no – it's John – he really is over the moon! And he really is a star!

李:不,不,不,那是約翰,他確實在月亮之上了!而且他確實是一個星星

Rob: Come on Li, let's get down to earth and say goodbye to everybody.

羅伯:算了吧,李。我們腳踏實地然後跟大家說再見吧。

Li: Bye! See you next week for more The English We Speak. Rob, I think he got stuck over there!

李:再見!下週見獲取更多的我們所說的英語。羅伯,我覺得他卡在那裏了!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章