口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第116期:Head over heels 陷入情網

本文已影響 2.91W人 

ing-bottom: 75%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第116期:Head over heels 陷入情網

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil and … I am waiting for Li.

尼爾:大家好,歡迎來到地道英語節目,我是尼爾,我正在等李。

Li: Ouch. And I'm Li, here on the floor. I went head over heels but…but I'm ready to present the programme, Neil.

李:哎喲。我是李,我在地板上。我摔倒了……不過我準備好主持節目了,尼爾。

Neil: Are you okay, Li? Let me help you up.

尼爾:李,你還好嗎?我來幫你站起來吧。

Li: Thank you. I appreciate you helping me to stand up.

李:謝謝你。很感謝你幫我起來。

Neil: I am sorry that you fell over like that. You sounded so cheerful… so you are head over heels Li? Who is the lucky guy?

尼爾:你那樣摔倒我真感到難過。你聽起來很興奮……所以李,你陷入情網了?那個幸運的傢伙是誰?

Li: The lucky guy? What do you mean, Neil?

李:幸運的傢伙?尼爾,你是什麼意思?

Neil: Well, the one you are head over heels in love with. Is it anyone I know?

尼爾:那個你瘋狂愛上的人啊。是我認識的人嗎?

Li: Anyone you know? I don't know what you are talking about, Neil. I have just fallen flat on my face

李:你認識的人?尼爾,我不知道你在說什麼。我只是剛剛摔倒了……

Neil: You said that you are head over heels. This is an expression we use in English to say that you had such a dramatic fall that your head was over your feet and we use it when we want to say that someone fell madly in love.

尼爾:你說你陷入情網了。在英語中我們用這個表達方式來表示你摔了個倒栽蔥,而我們在說某人瘋狂地墜入愛河的時候也會使用這個詞語。

Li: Oh, that's when we say that someone has fallen head over heels for another person.

李:哦,就是說可以形容某個人瘋狂地愛上另一個人。

Neil: You can also imagine you are a gymnast doing somersaults or cartwheels. Your head goes literally over your heels.

尼爾:你可以想象你是正在翻筋斗和做側手翻的體操運動員。這就是字面意義上的頭越過了腳。

Li: Yeah…It makes sense: when you are in love it might mean that you are so happy that you feel like jumping around.

李:沒錯……這可以說得通:當你陷入愛河時,你感到非常開心,以致於你想跳躍。

Examples

例子

They met at a dinner party and fell head over heels for each other.

他們在一個晚宴上相識,然後就瘋狂地愛上了彼此。

He is gorgeous! I am head over heels in love with him!

他太帥了!我完全迷上他了!

She is a hopeless romantic: she is always head over heels in love with somebody.

她是一個無可救藥的浪漫主義者:她總是會瘋狂地愛上某個人。

Neil: So, who is it Li? Who have you fallen head over heels in love with? I promise I won't tell a soul.

尼爾:所以,那個人是誰?是誰讓你墜入情網了?我保證我不會告訴別人。

Li: Neil, I came here very excited to present a programme with you but I must say that now my head hurts…

李:尼爾,我對來這裏和你一起主持節目感到很興奮,不過我必須要說現在我的頭很疼……

Neil: Your head hurts?

尼爾:你頭疼?

Li: … my feet are sore…

李:我的腳很酸……

Neil: Your feet are sore? What's been going on?

尼爾:你的腳很酸?怎麼了?

Li: … but I am certainly not in love with this bin that made me fall over.

李:我肯定沒有愛上這個害我摔倒的箱子。

Neil: Oh… Okay. So no juicy gossip for us today. Well, we'd better say goodbye.

尼爾:哦……好吧。不要八卦我們今天的對話。我們最好結束節目跟大家說再見吧。

Li: No juicy gossip! And let's finish the programme because I'd better go and have an aspirin. Bye!

李:不要說八卦!我們結束節目吧,因爲我最好去吃片阿斯匹林。再見!

重點講解:
1. head over heels
深陷情網;
eg. The newly-weds are head over heels in love.
這對新婚夫正情溶意蜜。
eg. Tom was soon head over heels in love with her.
湯姆一下子就愛上了她,而且爲之傾倒。
2. fall flat on one's face
摔倒;跌倒;
eg. A man walked in off the street and fell flat on his face, unconscious.
一個男人從街上走進來,趴倒在地,不省人事。
eg. Stepping forward to receive my award what do I do but fall flat on my face.
我走上前去領獎,卻沒料到摔趴在地上。
3. make sense
可以理解;講得通;
eg. I can't follow these instructions--they don't make sense.
我不理解這些指示——根本講不通嘛。
eg. Up to a point , Prof Goldstein's results make sense.
到此爲止,哥爾斯坦教授的實驗結果都合情合理。
4. be in love with sb.
對…傾心;愛慕;熱戀;
eg. It is said that Jenny is in love with Tom.
據說詹妮正在和湯姆戀愛。
eg. In a word, Sophia was in love with him to distraction.
簡單一句話,蘇菲亞愛他愛得神魂顛倒了。
5. had better do sth.
(用於建議、警告、威脅、發表意見等)最好做某事;
eg. You had better have another think.
你最好再想一想。
eg. You had better go home and rest up a little.
你最好回家休息一下。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章