口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第158期:Rabbit in the Headlights 被震住了

本文已影響 1.02W人 

ing-bottom: 57.94%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第158期:Rabbit in the Headlights 被震住了

Finn: Hello. I'm Finn.

芬恩:大家好,我是芬恩。

Li: And I'm Li.

莉:我是莉。

Finn: And we're whispering–we're talking very quietly-because we are about to watch an awards ceremony for the best dancer in the UK.

芬恩:我們要小聲說,我們要悄悄說話的原因是我們要收看英國最佳舞者的頒獎典禮。

Li: Yes–I think it's going to begin now. Shh.

莉:對,我想馬上就要開始了。噓。

Awards Host: And the award for best dancer this year goes to… Timmy Tapper!

頒獎典禮主持人:今年的最佳舞者授予的獲獎者是……蒂米·泰柏。

(Applause)

(掌聲)

Timmy Tapper: Erm, thank you!

蒂米·泰柏:呃,謝謝!

Awards Host: Timmy, would you like to say a few words?

頒獎典禮主持人:蒂米,你想說點什麼嗎?

Timmy Tapper: Yes, erm, thank you… to… everybody! Thanks.

蒂米·泰柏:好,呃,謝謝……謝謝大家!謝謝。

Awards Host: Great. Well thank you Timmy. You've done a fantastic job this year!

頒獎典禮主持人:太棒了。謝謝你,蒂米,你今年的表現非常出色!

Finn: (whispers) Li, what happened? He was like a rabbit in the headlights.

芬恩:(耳語)莉,發生什麼了?他好像被震住了。

Li: I don't know, he was very nervous. But what did you say, Finn, about rabbits?

莉:我也不知道,他太緊張了。不過芬恩,剛剛你說了什麼,跟兔子有關的?

Finn: Oh, rabbits, yes. A rabbit in the headlights. It's a phrase used to describe someone who is so nervous that they can't move or speak.

芬恩:哦,兔子,是的。我說的A rabbit in the headlights,這個短語用來形容某個人因爲極度緊張,不能移動或是說不出話來。

Li: I see. Someone who is too nervous to move or speak. But why does it involve headlights–the lights at the front of a car?

莉:我明白了。某個人太緊張了,以至於不能移動或是說不出話來。不過爲什麼要用車頭燈這個詞啊,這不是指車前面的燈嗎?

Finn: Well if you think about if you are driving a car at night and you have your headlights on. Suddenly, a rabbit appears in the middle of the road. But it is too scared by the car driving towards for it to run away. It's a rabbit in the headlights.

芬恩:你想想如果你在晚上開車,你就必須要開開車頭燈。這時突然,一隻兔子跑到了路中間。兔子被開過來的車嚇壞了,以至於它並沒有逃走。就是說它被震住了。

Li: That's a rabbit in the headlights. Oh, Finn, I think Timmy Tapper wants to say something.

莉:就是它被震住了。哦,芬恩,我認爲蒂米·泰柏想說些話的。

Finn: Oh yes.

芬恩:是啊。

Timmy Tapper: Oh, sorry. Can I just say one more thing?

蒂米·泰柏:哦,抱歉。我能再說句話嗎?

Awards Host: Sure, go ahead, Timmy!

頒獎典禮主持人:當然了,請吧,蒂米!

(Timmy starts tap dancing)

(蒂米開始跳踢踏舞)

Awards Host: Well, isn't that amazing!

頒獎典禮主持人:哇,是不是很不可思議?

Li: Ha ha. I think Timmy was nervous speaking in front of everyone here just now, but now he's happy to express himself through tap dancing!

莉:哈哈。我認爲剛纔蒂米在大家面前說話太緊張了,不過現在他樂於用踢踏舞來表達自己的情感!

Finn: He looks very happy doesn't he? And while Timmy dances, I have some advice for everyone. If you want to speak confident English, and not be like a rabbit in the headlights, why not visit our website explore our free English learning materials?

芬恩:他看起來很快樂,不是嗎?在蒂米跳舞的時候,我要給大家一些建議。如果你想說流利的英語,不想做害怕表達的人,那你爲什麼不訪問我們的網站找些免費的英語學習資料呢?

Li: .

莉:網址是。

Finn: That's it. Bye.

芬恩:沒錯。再見。

Li: Bye.

莉:再見。

(Timmy tap dancing)

(蒂米跳踢踏舞)

重點講解:
1. be about to do sth.
即將(做…)的;快要(發生…)的;
eg. That might be about to change.
這種情況可能即將發生變化。
eg. The controversy is about to get stickier.
這場爭議即將進一步陷入一團亂麻。
2.
太……以至於不能……;
eg. No detail was too small to escape her attention.
再小的細節都逃不過她的眼睛。
eg. He is clearly too partisan to be a referee.
他傾向性過於明顯,當不了裁判。
3. run away
離開;逃離;躲開;
eg. So let's not be hasty. After all, he can't run away.
所以我們不要魯莽行事。畢竟他是跑不掉的。
eg. He broke the window and ran away.
他打破窗子逃跑了。
4. in front of
在…面前(做或說);當着…的面;
eg. She criticized him in front of his mother.
而她則在他媽媽面前指責他。
eg. Electoral officials tallied the results in front of the voters.
負責選舉的官員在投票人面前統計票數。
5. be happy to do sth,.
樂意的;情願的;
eg. And in the high-end commuter market, there are customers who are happy to pay$ 1,000 for a bike.
而且在高端的通勤上班族市場,也有些顧客願意花1,000美元買一輛自行車。
eg. I'll be happy to answer any questions if there are any.
如果有問題,我很樂意回答。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章