口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第151期:Savvy 行家

本文已影響 3.67K人 

William: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak, I'm William Kremer.

威廉:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是威廉·克萊默。

Wang Fei: And I'm Wang Fei. William I hope we finish recording quickly today.

王飛:我是王飛。威廉,我希望我們今天能快點結束節目的錄製。

William: Oh, why's that?

威廉:哦,爲什麼?

Wang Fei: I need to get to the bank before it closes.

王飛:我要趕在銀行關門前去一趟銀行。

William: Oh I see.

威廉:哦,我明白了。

Wang Fei: Yes, just need to move some money around. I've got to move some money into a high interest account and transfer some into my investment account...

王飛:對,我要轉些錢。我要把一些錢存入高利息帳戶,然後把一些錢轉入投資帳戶……

William: Look at you Wang Fei. High-interest accounts and investment accounts. You really are quite money-savvy aren't you?

威廉:王飛,看看你。高利息帳戶和投資帳戶。你真是個理財行家,不是嗎?

Wang Fei: Money what?

王飛:理財什麼?

William: Money-savvy.

威廉:理財行家。

Wang Fei: Money-savvy?

王飛:Money-savvy?

William: Yeah. It means you're good with money. You know what you're doing with it, how to invest it, that kind of thing.

威廉:對。意思就是說你擅於理財。你知道如何打理錢財,知道如何投資,瞭解這類事情。

The english we speak(BBC教學)第151期:Savvy 行家

Wang Fei: Well, I guess I am. I do look after my money.

王飛:嗯,我想我是行家。我很擅於管理我的錢。

William: I wish I was a bit more money-savvy like you! But I am quite good with technology. You know, you wouldn't need to rush to the bank if you tried online banking.

威廉:我希望我也像你一樣成爲理財行家!不過我更擅長技術方面的事情。你知道,如果你用網上銀行的話就不用趕去銀行辦理了。

Wang Fei: Online banking? Not for me. I just don't really trust it.

王飛:網上銀行?我不喜歡。我不信任網上銀行。

William: Maybe you should try it.

威廉:也許你應該嘗試一下。

Wang Fei: No, I just don't feel safe doing that. I'm not very... can I say... technologically savvy?

王飛:不,我只是覺得網上銀行不安全。我不是很……我可以說技術行家嗎?

William: Yes, you can say technologically savvy or just tech-savvy. Or you might say that you're not very web-savvy, as we're talking about the web, the internet.

威廉:可以,你可以說技術行家,或者簡稱。你也可以說你不是網絡行家,因我們剛剛正在討論的網絡,互聯網。

I wouldn't recommend you go down that street after dark. It's just not safe. And you're not very street-savvy to be honest with you.

我不建議你在天黑後走那條街。那不安全。而且說實話,你對街道也不是很熟悉。

A: So what do you think of the new flower shop?

A:你覺得那家新開的花店怎麼樣?

B: It's in a good location, and the owner is really business-savvy. I'm sure it'll be a great success.

B:位置不錯,花店的主人很有商業頭腦。我確定那家花店會盈利的。

Wang Fei: Money-savvy, tech-savvy...

王飛:理財行家,技術行家……

William: And business-savvy. You can be savvy about a lot of things. So are you going to go to the bank in the end?

威廉:還有有商業頭腦。你可以在許多事情上成爲行家。那你到底還要不要去銀行?

Wang Fei: No I think I'll sign up for an online account. Give it a go.

王飛:不去了,我想我會註冊一個網絡帳戶。我打算嘗試一下。

William: And I might buy those stocks that you were suggesting.

威廉:我可能會買你建議的那些股票。

Wang Fei: Great. And let's hope all our listeners are a bit more slang-savvy after this programme.

王飛:很好。我們希望所有的聽衆朋友在這期節目之後都成爲俚語行家。

William: Bye for now.

威廉:現在該結束節目了。

Wang Fei: Bye.

王飛:再見。

重點講解:
1. look after
(尤指作爲工作)料理,打理;
eg. We'll help you look after your finances.
我們將會幫您理財。
eg. You must look after your things.
你必須保管好你的東西。
2. in the end
最後;終於;
eg. In the end, the search committee decided neither was qualified.
最後,委員會認定兩人都不合適。
eg. She asked the reporter to help out the ideas and how to deal with that in the end.
她請記者幫忙出出主意,到底該怎麼處理。
3. sign up
(和…)簽約;僱用;報名(參加課程);
eg. Some 30,000 new users sign up daily.
每日新註冊用戶達到3萬人。
eg. Her teacher encouraged her to sign up for the English speech contest.
老師鼓勵她參加英語演講比賽。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章