英語閱讀英語閱讀理解

實用生活英語:時尚吃喝美語之"得來速"篇

本文已影響 1.57W人 

The U.S. is a huge country, almost everyone drives on weekdays, except for those who live in the east coast area which is samll but densely populated, like the New York city, therefore, "drive-thru" culture becomes particularly welcome.

美國由於幅員廣大,除了東岸如紐約市等地窄人稠的都市外,大家平日都開車,因此"drive-thru"的飲食文化也格外地受歡迎。

literally speaking, "drive-thru" is "drive-through", in Chinese it means "開過去", "thru" is an informal form of the word "through", its Chinese version is "得來速".

從字義上來看,"drive-thru"即爲"drive-through",意指“開過去”,thru爲through的口語非正式拼法,中譯爲“得來速”。

"drive-thru" means you.can place an order through menu board and Window intercom; "queue" is used to describe the long line of cars waiting.

整個詞指無須下車就可以透過menu board和窗口對講機點餐的服務,而在等待點餐的長長車龍,我們則稱爲queue。

實用生活英語:時尚吃喝美語之"得來速"篇

The whole procesure can be divided into three steps, and served by three windows: Order — Pay — Pick Up

整個流程分爲三個步驟, 三個窗口: 點餐 —— 結賬 —— 領取食物

Step 1: Order

(點餐)

Waiter: Hi, how are you doing?

窗口人員:嗨, 你好嗎?

Jas: Hi, good. Can I get a hamburger?

賈斯:可以給我一個漢堡嗎?

Waiter: With onions?

窗口人員:需要洋蔥嗎?

Jas: No.

賈斯:不需要。

Waiter: Any fries?

窗口人員:要薯條嗎?

Jas: No, that's it.

賈斯:不需要, 這樣就夠了。

Waiter: Do you eat in the car?

窗口人員:在車上吃嗎?

Jas: Yeah, in the car.

賈斯:是的, 在車上吃。(若回答在車上吃, 他們會將餐點放在一個無蓋盒子內,讓你方便拿。若不在車上吃,餐點則會放在紙袋裏,方便收藏)

Waiter: Nothing to drink?

窗口人員:不需要配什麼軟飲料嗎?

Jas: No, no.

賈斯:不, 不需要。

Waiter: Alright. That will be $2.01.

窗口人員:好的, 這裏是2.01美元。

Jas: Thank you.

賈斯:謝謝。

Step 2: Pay

(結賬)

Waiter: Hi, how are you?

窗口人員:嗨, 你好嗎?

Jas: Hi, good.

賈斯:嗨, 很好。

Waiter: That's a hamburger with no onions, correct?

窗口人員:你點了一個漢堡, 不要洋蔥,對嗎?

Jas: Yep.

賈斯:是的。

Waiter: $2.01, please.

窗口人員:2.01美元, 謝謝。

Waiter: Here's your receipt, have a nice day.

窗口人員:這是你的收據,祝你有個愉快的一天。

Jas: Thank you.

賈斯:謝謝。

Step 3: Pick Up

(領取食物)

Waiter: Hi, how are you? Hamburger with no onions?

窗口人員:嗨, 你好嗎?你點了一個漢堡,不要洋蔥,對嗎?

Jas: Yeah.

賈斯:是的。

Waiter: Hi, would you like ketchup? Just the chilies, rite?

窗口人員:嗨,你要番茄醬嗎?只要辣醬,對嗎?

Jas: Yeah, just the chilies.

賈斯:只要辣醬。

Waiter: Here you are.

窗口人員:這是你的食物。

Jas: Thank you.

賈斯:謝謝。

Vocabulary

menu board: 菜單看板

queue: 長隊, 行列。形容隊伍很長。

ketchup: 又稱 tomato sauce, 即爲“番茄醬”,源自馬來文的“kĕchap”,後來變成英語裏的ketchup。

chilies: 單數chili,指紅辣椒。這裏的chilies爲chili sauce的簡稱,意爲“紅番椒辣醬”。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章