口語英語口語英語學習材料

第14課:To tip or not to tip 慢速跟讀

本文已影響 1.9W人 

tip or not to tip
給小費


對話場景

padding-bottom: 216.95%;">第14課:To tip or not to tip 慢速跟讀

Elvin下週要去美國,聽說美國是個小費國家,於是問David一些關於小費的問題。
Elvin is going to America next week. So,he asked David some questions about tipping.

Elvin:David, do you have a minute?
(David,你有時間嗎?)
David:Sure. What's up?
(有啊,怎麼啦?)
Elvin:I'm going to the States next week. I've been meaning to ask you about tipping.
(我下週要去美國。我想問問你關於小費的一些問題。)
David:Well, you should always tip if you go to restaurants. Unless you're going to fast food chains.
(哦,如果你去餐廳的話,肯定要給小費,除非是去連鎖快餐店。)
Elvin:How much should I tip?
(那要給多少呢?)
David:That depends on the type of restaurants you go to. But usually 15 percent. You might need to tip more if you are at a really fancy place. Oh, make sure you don't tip with coins. It's considered rude.
(這要看你去的是哪一類餐廳了。一般來說嘛,15%。如果是特別高級的餐廳。那就要多給一點了。還有,別用硬幣當小費。會給人不禮貌的感覺。)
Elvin:Ok. What about taxi drivers? Do I need to tip them?
(知道了。哎,那出租司機呢?要給他們小費嗎?)
David:Usually if it's small change, you just let them keep it. But you don't need to give them extra tips.
(一般來說,如果找零很少的話,你就給他們,不用找了。不過也不用給額外的小費。)
Elvin:Ok. That's good to know. Thanks for your help!
(好。我知道了。謝謝你幫忙啊!)
David:No worries. Anytime. Have a great trip!
(沒關係。隨時來問。旅途愉快!)

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章