口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第94期:Deer in the Headlights 手足無措

本文已影響 1.43W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

"headlights" are the two bright lights in front of a car.

前燈指的是車前面兩盞明亮的燈。

But what does a deer have to do with headlights?

但是爲什麼鹿會與前燈有關呢?

I cannot believe you got to meet Hillary Clinton! That must have been so incredible.

我不敢相信你竟然見到了希拉里·克林頓!那簡直太不可思議了。

I know. It was so incredible that I couldn't say anything!

是啊。簡直太不可思議了,我話都說不出來了!

I was like a deer caught in headlights!

我當時都愣住了!

一分鐘英語 第94期:Deer in the Headlights 手足無措

Well, that's understandable. But maybe next time you won't have that "deer in the headlights" look!

好吧,可以理解。但是下回你可能就不會手足無措了!

If a deer is on the road at night and a car is coming, it stands still, doing nothing,

如果某個夜晚,鹿在路上走着的時候正逢一輛車行駛過來,它會站在原地不動,

until its eyes can adjust to the bright lights.

直到它的眼睛適應了車前燈強烈的光。

This, unfortunately, puts the deer in danger.

這種情況會很不幸地將鹿至於危險當中。

If someone says you look like a "deer in the headlights"

如果某個人用這個短語來形容你,

it means you look frozen with surprise,shock, or maybe even fear.

這意味着你可能因爲驚訝、震驚或是恐懼而呆住了。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章