口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第91期:Fall Through the Cracks 疏忽

本文已影響 3.08W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Falling is no fun. You can get hurt.

跌倒可不是一件好玩的事。你會受傷。

Falling through the cracks sounds even worse. But is that what is really happening here?

跌落到裂縫裏聽起來更糟糕。但是,這件事真的發生了嗎?

Let's listen. To Fall Through the Cracks

讓我們一起來聽聽看吧。疏忽

padding-bottom: 53.82%;">一分鐘英語 第91期:Fall Through the Cracks 疏忽

Hey, did you have time to look at my script?

嘿,你有空看我的手稿嗎?

Right, your script! Sorry, I've been so busy that reading your script kind of fell through the cracks.

對了,你的手稿!不好意思,我最近太忙了,所以忘記讀你的手稿了。

No problem. I know when I'm busy things fall through the cracks all the time.

沒關係。我知道我忙的時候也總是會疏忽一些事情。

Well, I have time now. So, I'll take a look at it.

好吧,我現在有時間了。所以,我會看看的。

When something falls through the cracks, it is forgotten or overlooked.

疏忽了某事,指這件事被忘記了,或是忽略了。

In our example, Anna was so busy she forgot to read a script.

在今天的例子中,安娜由於太忙了所以忘了讀手稿。

Often we use this this expression for serious issues, such as when people are lost or forgotten in a large system.

通常我們會在嚴肅的問題中使用這個表達,比如說人們在一個大的體系中不知所措或是被遺忘。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章