口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第109期:A Fish Out of Water 彆扭

本文已影響 1.01W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

We all know that fish live in bodies of water.

我們都知道魚生活在水中。

But what does it mean to be a "fish out of water".

但什麼是“如魚離水”呢?

padding-bottom: 59.28%;">一分鐘英語 第109期:A Fish Out of Water 彆扭

Jonathan. Are you going on the work trip next month?

喬納森。你將要在下個月出差嗎?

No...I don't think so. I would feel like a fish out of water.

不。我看不是。我將會渾身不自在。

Why? Why do you say that?

爲什麼?你爲什麼這樣說?

You know, I don't like forests and nature. I am more comfortable in civilization!

你知道的。我不喜歡森林,不喜歡大自然的環境。我在城市裏會更舒適。

To feel "like a fish out of water" means to be in an unfamiliar or uncomfortable situation.

“如魚離水”表示處在不熟悉或不舒適的環境中。

Imagine a fish trying to survive outside of water.

想象一下魚在沒有水的地方努力掙扎。

For Jonathan, being out in nature makes him feel like a "fish out of water". He would rather be in a big city.

對於喬納森來說,大自然的環境就好像讓他“如魚離水”。他更希望待在大城市。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章