口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第114期:Turn the Tables 扭轉局勢

本文已影響 1.12W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

We eat our dinner on dining tables.

我們在餐桌上吃飯。

We put our coffee on coffee tables. Turn the tables

我們把咖啡放在咖啡桌上。扭轉局勢

一分鐘英語 第114期:Turn the Tables 扭轉局勢

How is your friend Amanda doing?

你朋友阿曼達最近怎麼樣啊?

Great, now.

現在很好。

What do you mean "now?"

“現在”指的是?

Well, last year a senior colleague tried to get her fired.

去年,一位有資歷的同事想開除她。

What happened?

那然後呢?

She turned the tables on him. Now, she's his boss.

她扭轉了局勢。現在,她是他的上司了。

To "turn the tables" means to reverse a situation to gain an advantage.

“turn the tables”指扭轉局面,得到有利條件。

Some say this expression comes from playing board games.

一些人認爲,這個表達源於棋類遊戲。

Centuries ago, if you were losing a game, you could turn the table or board game to switch your position with your opponent.

幾個世紀以前,如果你輸掉了一場遊戲,你可以將桌子或棋類遊戲翻轉,以改變你與對手的位置。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章