口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第134期:As the Crow Flies 直線距離

本文已影響 3.06W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Have you heard this phrase in American English? As the Crow Flies.

你在美語中聽過這個短語嗎?直線距離

What do these people mean when they say, "as the crow flies"? Let's listen:

當有人說"as the crow flies",他們要表達的意思是什麼?讓我們聽一下:

I am going to check my GPS, but first, can you tell me how far the airport is from here?

我要查看我的GPS,但是首先,你能告訴我這兒離機場多遠嗎?

I think it's about 20 miles.

我想大約20英里。

The airport isn't very far, "as the crow flies," but you can't get there directly.

以直線距離來說,機場離這兒不是很遠,但你不能直接到那裏。

You have to drive around the mountains. It's about 40 minute by car.

你必須繞着山走。開車大約要40分鐘。

padding-bottom: 56.58%;">一分鐘英語 第134期:As the Crow Flies 直線距離

A crow is a big, black bird.

烏鴉是一種大的、黑色的鳥。

"As the crow flies", describes the distance between two places as a bird, or an airplane, might fly.

"As the crow flies"描述的是兩個地方的距離,鳥或飛機可以飛過去。

It does not include the turns in a road going around mountains or bodies of water.

這不包括路上繞着山或水的拐彎處。

Now you can use "as the crow flies," in a conversation.

現在你可以在對話中使用"as the crow flies"了。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章