口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第65期:Knock Your Socks off 歎爲觀止

本文已影響 4.15K人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《英語一分鐘》欄目!

If something knocks your socks off, is it a good thing, or a bad thing? Knock Your Socks off

如果能把你的襪子都打掉了,那該是件好事還是壞事?Knock Your Socks off

Hey! Great job in the play last night.

嘿!昨晚的表演非常棒。

I was really impressed.

讓人印象深刻。

padding-bottom: 55.19%;">一分鐘英語 第65期:Knock Your Socks off 歎爲觀止

Aw, thank you so much!

非常感謝!

And thank you for coming to the opening night.

感謝你來參加昨晚的開幕秀。

Well, I couldn't believe it was u up there.

我真不敢相信舞臺上的那個人是你。

The whole play really knocked my socks off.

整個表演讓人歎爲觀止。

Maybe it's time you gave up your day job after all?!

你是不是該把白天的工作辭掉了?!

If something knocks your socks off, it means you're really impressed, and maybe a bit surprised.

如果你的襪子都被打掉了,也就意味着你感到印象深刻,也許還有點吃驚。

In the past, to knock someone's socks off, actually meant to defeat someone.

過去,打掉某人的襪子,實際上表示戰勝某人。

But today, we use this idiom in a very positive way.

但如今,人們常使用這個習語的正面含義。

In the example, Jonathan's performance really knocked Anna's socks off!

比如說,喬納森的表演讓安娜歎爲觀止。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章