口語英語口語英語練習小對話

職場禮節美語59商務宴會如何點菜?

本文已影響 4.49K人 


ing-bottom: 75.63%;">職場禮節美語59商務宴會如何點菜?

陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作,他跟美國同事Amy一起喝下午茶。

(Office ambience)

A:Chen Hao, you've been attending a lot of business dinners lately. Didn't your team go out again last night with the clients?

C:沒錯。我老闆Mr. Brown決定請客人到附近剛開張的那家法國餐館去吃飯。

A:How did it go?

C:飯菜的味道確實不錯,但是有個客人很失態。

A:What do you mean?

C:首先,她點的菜都是菜單上價錢最貴的。

A:What did the others do?

C:其他人點的都是中等價位的,我也一樣。

A:This client sounds as if she could use some business etiquette training. Unless Mr. Brown suggested that you all order certain pricey dishes, she should have chosen something moderately priced.

C:我覺得也是。除非主人堅持,否則客人應該點一些普通的菜纔對。

A:It's rude to take advantage of your host like that. This client is not very savvy about business dining.

C: Savvy是什麼意思啊?

A:Savvy means having knowledge and experience.

C:這個客戶確實不懂禮貌,而且還不只這些呢!

A:Let's head back to the office now. You can tell me on the way.

******

陳豪和Amy兩人一起往回走。

A:So there is more to this story?

C:那個客人不僅點的都是最貴的,而且一道菜都不拉。

A:Like what?

C:從湯開始,然後是頭臺、沙拉,主菜,最後還有特製的甜點,一樣不少。

A:What did everyone else do?

C:Mr. Brown雖然吃得很少,但也只好跟着她一道菜一道菜地點。

A:He was doing the correct thing as host by ordering the same as the client.

C:作爲主人,一定要這麼做嗎?

A:When someone orders appetizers or other dishes in addition to the entrée, it is polite for others to order the same courses.

C:那又是爲什麼呢?

A:That keeps the pace of the dinner even and avoids the awkwardness of one person eating a course by herself.

C:如果沒有別人點湯的話,那個客戶自己吃的時候一定會覺得很尷尬。

A:At an informal dinner, some people have soup while others may select a different appetizer to have at the same time. Everyone should have an equal number of courses.

C:那作爲請客的主人,在飯桌上能做些什麼呢?

A:Simple. The host can say, "Why don't we all have an appetizer?" Or he could ask, "Would anyone like something to start with?"

C:這樣一來,你就能知道自己是不是唯一想點頭臺的人了。

A:Right. If no one else has a starter course, then you don't either.

C:你真應該給昨天那個客人好好上一課。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章