口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第999期:甘受

本文已影響 2.58W人 

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第999期:甘受

A: Mary, you look very sad today. What is the matter?

瑪麗,你今天看起來情緒不好,出什麼事情了?

B : I heard that Tom was spreading some rumors about me.

我聽說湯姆在背後說我的壞話。

A: Really? What did he say?

真的嗎?他說什麼?

B : He said I was proud as a peacock.

他說我非常傲慢。

A: That’s ridiculous! You should not lie down under such accusations.

真是太荒唐了,你不能甘受這樣的譴責。

第二, 地道表達

lie down under

1. 解詞釋義

Lie down under的意思是“甘受(屈辱等),逆來順受”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. The men will not lie down under such treatment.

這些人不會不抗議這種待遇的。

e.g. No self - respecting fighter will lie down under such a defeat.

沒有一個 自尊 的鬥士會對這種失敗不予抵抗。

第三, 咬文嚼字

spread rumors :散播謠言

e.g. Let her spread rumors if she wants. No one's going to believe them anyway.

讓她去造謠言得了,反正沒有人會相信。

e.g. Don't spread rumors, or you'll ruin his reputation.

不要散佈謠言,否則你會毀了他的名聲的。

proud as a peacock:目空一切,十分高傲,自高自大

e.g. The boy was as proud as a peacock when he showed me his new football boots.

那男孩給我看他的嶄新足球靴子時得意極了。

e.g. June is as proud as a peacock after winning her first swimming certificate.

瓊自從獲得了第一遊泳證書後非常驕傲,瞧不起人。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章