迷你對話學地道口語第1912期:過時了
第一,情景對話
A: I want to buy a type writer.
我想買臺打字機。
B: Don't be silly. The typewriter has had its day. Don't you know the computer has replaced it?
別傻了。打字機已經過時了。難道你不知道計算機已經替代打字機了嗎?
A: But if there's a power failure, you can still work with it.
如果停電的話,用打字機還是可以工作的。
B: It depends on you.
隨你吧。
第二,詞海拾貝
have had it’s day:已經沒有用而不再受歡迎了,過時了
e.g. To tell the truth, your design have had it’s day and was not to the taste of the market .
實話說吧,你們的款式早已過時了,不合市場的口味。
第三,語彙積累
1. power failure:停電,電源故障
e.g. Last week we had a massive power failure during a freak afternoon thunderstorm.
上星期在反常的午後雷雨過程中,我們遇上大規模停電。
e.g. A power failure plunged the house into darkness.
斷電使房子陷入一片黑暗之中。
e.g. The power failure brought the refrigerator to a rest.
停電致使冰箱停止工作。
2.depend on:依靠,依賴
e.g. May I depend on you to stand by me and my daughters?
我可以指望你照料我和女兒了?
e.g. I haven' t got a car, so I have to depend on the buses.
我沒有汽車, 所以我得乘公共汽車.