口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1869期:隨大流,無主見

本文已影響 1.5W人 

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1869期:隨大流,無主見

A: There is a rumour going around that Mr. Smith will be our new Department Head.

有謠傳說史密斯先生將是我們新的系主任。

B: What? I can't believe it, I must say.

什麼?我得說我根本不能相信。

A: Yes, he is so you.g and he always follows the crowd.

是啊,他那麼年輕而且還沒主見。

B: That means had or good for us?

這對我們是好事還是壞事呢?

A: Nobody knows.

誰知道呢。

第二,詞海識別

follow the crowd

exp. To do what everyone else is doing. (隨聲附和,沒有主見)

e.g. I'm worried that my daughter will just follow the crowd at the party and end up doing things that she doesn't really want to do.

我擔心我女兒會在聚會上隨波逐流,最後做一些她並不想做的事情。

e.g. I am an independent thinker. I could never just follow the crowd.

我是一個獨立的思想者,我永遠不可能隨波逐流。

e.g. When in doubt, I follow the crowd. At least I don't stand out like a fool.

有疑問時,我就隨大流,至少我不像個傻瓜那樣引人注目。

e.g. You can do what you want to do, but never follow the crowd.

你想做什麼就做什麼,可別隨大流。

第三,語彙積累

1. go around:(消息)流傳

e.g. There's a nasty sort of rumour going around about it.

關於這件事正有一則惡意的謠言在流傳。

e.g. The news went around like in half an hour it was all over the town.

消息不脛而走,不到半個鐘頭就傳遍了全鎮。

2. be good for someone:對某人有好處

e.g. A bowl of hot chicken soup is good for you.

喝一碗熱雞湯對你有好處。

e.g. Outdoor sunlight is very good for the health.

戶外的陽光對健康很有好處。

e.g. Keep quiet about it if your know what's good for you.

如果你知道什麼對你有好處,就保持沉默。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章