口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第753期:City vs Country 城市還是鄉村

本文已影響 6.73K人 

Joel: So, Michele, you said you are from Canada.

喬爾:米歇爾,你說過你來自加拿大。

Michele: Yeah.

米歇爾:對。

Joel: What part of Canada?

喬爾:你來自加拿大哪裏?

Michele: I lived in Ontario in a small town called Beaverton.

米歇爾:我住在安大略省一個叫做比弗頓的小鎮。

Joel: Beaverton. And so how big is the town?

喬爾:比弗頓。這個城鎮有多大?

Michele: It was pretty small, about seven or eight thousand people I think.

米歇爾:比弗頓非常小,我想人口大概只有七八千人。

Joel: Wow, that's pretty small.

喬爾:哇,那真的非常小。

Michele: Yeah.

米歇爾:對。

Joel: Did you like that?

喬爾:你喜歡那裏嗎?

Michele: I think when I was really little I liked it. It was nice to play outside with your friends and we always felt really safe. When I got older as a teenager, sometimes I thought it was pretty boring being in such a small town, but I think overall it was good to live in a small town.

米歇爾:我小的時候非常喜歡那裏。在室外和朋友們一起玩非常美好,而且我們一直有安全感。我漸漸長大進入青少年時期以後,有時我會認爲生活在這麼小的一個城鎮非常無聊,不過總體來說,我覺得生活在一個小城鎮很好。

Joel: What would you do for fun when you were a teenager?

喬爾:你青少年時期有什麼休閒活動?

Michele: Well, there was actually a movie theater in our small town so sometimes we'd go to the theater but it wasn't a great one. We usually went outside of the town into the city to go shopping or see a movie.

米歇爾:嗯,我們那個小城鎮有一家電影院,有時我們會去看電影,不過不是太好。通常我們會去城市裏購物、看電影。

Joel: And so since then have you lived in any big cities?

喬爾:那你之後在大城市生活過嗎?

Michele: I've lived near Tokyo in Japan, so that's a pretty big city. Yeah.

米歇爾:我在日本東京生活過,東京是個非常大的城市。

Joel: So I guess you prefer that then... to your hometown?

喬爾:我猜,相比你的家鄉,你更喜歡東京是嗎?

Michele: Well, actually I felt that Tokyo was too big of a city.

米歇爾:嗯,實際上我感覺東京這座城市太大了。

Joel: OK.

喬爾:好。

Michele: Yeah, so..

米歇爾:所以……

Joel: It's the opposite extreme.

喬爾:這是兩個對立的極端。

Michele: Yeah, it's so crowded and the people aren't as friendly so...

米歇爾:對,東京非常擁擠,人們也不那麼友好,所以……

Joel: That's probably a big difference between a small town and a big town, huh? Like you know practically everyone.

喬爾:這可能是小城鎮和大城市的最大不同,對嗎?在小城鎮,你幾乎認識所有人。

Michele: Yeah.

米歇爾:對。

Joel: So, you walk into a store. You walk down the street, you can say 'hi' to almost everyone.

喬爾:比如走進一家商店,或是在街頭漫步,你幾乎可以和所有人打招呼。

Michele: Yeah, well, actually, I've also lived in a really small town in Japan too and I prefered the small town in Japan to the big city like Tokyo. The people in the small town knew my name and were very friendly. If I needed any help then because it's a small town, everybody knows everything about the things in the town so if I needed to find a place or if I wanted to join a club I could easily get the information in a small town, whereas in a big city people don't know the things as well, so.

米歇爾:對,我也在日本的一個小城鎮生活過,相比大城市東京,我更喜歡日本的小城鎮。小城鎮裏的人們知道我的名字,而且非常友好。在小城鎮基本上所有人對各方面情況都很瞭解,如果我需要幫助,如果我要找一個地址或是我想加入一個俱樂部,我可以很容易地得到信息,可是在大城市人們就不是那麼瞭解了。

Joel: You also have to be careful what you do because everyone will talk.

喬爾:你要小心你的行爲,因爲人們什麼都會說。

Michele: That's true.

米歇爾:沒錯。

Joel: You can't hide.

喬爾:你不能隱藏。

Michele: In a small town, you don't have as much privacy but I think the friendliness outweighs the privacy issues.

米歇爾:小城鎮沒有太多隱私,不過我認爲友好比隱私重要。

Joel: OK, thanks Michele.

喬爾:好,謝謝你,米歇爾。

Michele: You're welcome.

米歇爾:不客氣。

美語情景對話 第753期:City vs Country 城市還是鄉村

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章