口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第375期:Canada's Main Cities 加拿大主要城市

本文已影響 2.42W人 

Todd: OK, Mike, you are from Canada.

託德:邁克,你來自加拿大。

Mike: That's right.

邁克:沒錯。

Todd: So, actually I want to go to Canada for vacation. I've never been. What would you recommend for a Canadian vacation?

託德:實際上,我想去加拿大度假。我從來沒去過那裏。要是去加拿大度假,你有什麼推薦嗎?

Mike: Well, it really just depends on the kind of holiday that you want to have. If you want to have a relaxing outdoors, kind of back to nature, kind of holiday, I'd recommend Vancouver. If you wanted to do a holiday that's maybe a little more culturally oriented. If you want experience, a different type of culture, Montreal, would be a city that I'd recommend, um, and if you wanted to go to a big multi-cultural city with a lot of nightlife and things to do with respect to entertainment, or sports, then I'd recommend Toronto.

邁克:這要取決於你想度過怎樣的假期。如果你想享受放鬆的室外假期,想回歸自然,這類假期我會推薦你去溫哥華。如果你想度過文化類假期,想體驗不同類型的文化,那我會推薦你去蒙特利爾,嗯,如果你想去多元文化的大型城市,感受那裏的夜生活以及與娛樂和體育相關的事情,那我會推薦你去多倫多。

Todd: So, have you been to all three cities?

託德:那這些城市你都去過嗎?

Mike: Yes. I actually have lived most of my life in Toronto and in Montreal and, but I have spent some time in Vancouver as well, so, all three are very different in attitude and lifestyle and in the way people live.

邁克:都去過。實際上我大部分時間都生活在多倫多和蒙特利爾,不過我也在溫哥華住過一段時間,這三個城市的態度和生活方式都非常不同。

Todd: How so? How is somebody from Toronto different than somebody from Vancouver?

託德:怎麼不同?來自多倫多的人和來自溫哥華的人有什麼不同?

Mike: Well, somebody from Toronto I think is a little bit more high paced, maybe you could almost say, they're a little bit more stresses out, just because the pace of life in Toronto is a little bit faster. It's kind of the big economic center of Canada, so it tend to have a lot more of a business culture to it, where as Vancouver, is much more, like many West Coast cities in the United States, as well, it's a lot more relaxed, a lot more easy-going, so there's a difference in culture there,and Montreal has a strong French-Canadian influence, so in fact, it's mostly French-Canadian, so that just changes the dynamic of the city.

邁克:嗯,我認爲來自多倫多的人生活節奏更快,你也可以說,他們有更多壓力,原因就是多倫多的生活節奏相對來說更快一些。那裏是加拿大重要的經濟中心,所以那裏的商業文化非常濃郁,而溫哥華則和美國西海岸的大部分城市一樣,那裏的生活相對來說更放鬆,更悠閒,所以那裏的文化氛圍也不同,蒙特利爾則受到法裔加拿大人的嚴重影響,實際上,那裏大部分人都是法裔加拿大人,所以這給這個城市帶來了活力。

Todd: OK, so if you were to live in any city, which one would you choose?

託德:好,那如果你要住在這些城市裏,那你會選擇住在哪裏呢?

Mike: Of, those three? (Yeah) Personally I would think I would go for Montreal, just because I like the dynamic. The one bad point about Montreal is the weather.

邁克:這三個城市嗎?(對)個人來說,我會選擇蒙特利爾,因爲我喜歡那種活力的感覺。不過蒙特利爾的缺點是天氣不太好。

Todd: What? It's very cold?

託德:怎麼?非常冷嗎?

Mike: Yes, it gets very, very cold and it has a very long winter. In fact, the joke is that in Montreal the seasons are nine month of winter and three months of bad-skating.

邁克:對,蒙特利爾的冬天非常長,而且也非常寒冷。實際上,有個玩笑說蒙特利爾的季節是九個月的冬季和另三個月不適合滑冰的季節。

Todd: OK, well, thanks, Mike.

託德:好,謝謝你,邁克。

美語情景對話 第375期:Canada's Main Cities 加拿大主要城市

重點講解:
1. depend on
取決(於);有賴(於);
eg. Much will depend on economic indicators.
這在很大程度上將取決於經濟數據。
eg. Whether such properties are a good deal will depend on individual situations.
這樣的地產是否可獲得大筆收益還要視具體情形而定。
2. with respect to
關於,至於;
eg. Parents often have little choice with respect to the way their child is medically treated.
關於孩子的治療方法,父母通常沒有什麼選擇的餘地。
eg. Contrary to public perception we were under no pressure with respect to it.
同大家的看法相反,我們在這方面並沒有受到壓力。
3. easy-going
心平氣和的;隨和的;
eg. He was easy-going and good-natured.
他爲人隨和溫厚。
eg. Athenians have a very easy-going attitude to life.
雅典人對待生活非常怡然自得。
4. go for
選擇;挑選;
eg. People tried to persuade him to go for a more gradual reform programme.
人們試圖說服他採取更爲漸進的改革方案
eg. So for that you should go for eye shadows that are lighter in colour, or are of neutral shades.
因此,你應該選擇那些顏色較淡或者中性色調的眼影。
5. in fact
事實上,其實;
eg. Employees are in fact eager for such collaboration.
僱員們其實非常渴求這樣的協作關係。
eg. You have to admit that you are, in fact, in difficulties.
你不得不承認,你事實上是陷入了困境。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章