口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第518期:Canadian Town 加拿大城鎮

本文已影響 2.18W人 

Todd: So, Rina, where are you from?

託德:麗娜,你來自哪裏?

Rina: I am from Davidson, Saskatchewan, and it's a small town in Saskatchewan, about 1,000 people, and I grew up there.

麗娜:我來自薩克其萬省戴維森鎮,那裏是薩克其萬省的一個小城鎮,人口只有約1000人,我在那裏長大。

Todd: Now, Saskatchewan, that's a part of Canada that doesn't have a lot of people, right?

託德:薩克其萬省,那是加拿大的一個省,而且人口不多,對吧?

Rina: There's, in the whole province, there's a million people.

麗娜:整個省有一百萬人口。

Todd: That's it.

託德:對。

Rina: In all of Canada there is only 33 million, so yeah.

麗娜:加拿大的人口也僅有3300萬。

Todd: And you only have one?

託德:你的家鄉只有1百萬人?

Rina: One. There's 33 million.

麗娜:對。加拿大有3300百萬人。

Todd: Yeah, actually, is there any major Canadian cities in Saskatchewan?

託德:好,薩克其萬省有沒有重要的加拿大城市?

Rina: Well, the capital is Regina. (Really) Yeah, if you've heard of that.

麗娜:薩克其萬省首府是雷吉納。(是嗎)對,不知道你聽說過沒有。

Todd: No.

託德:沒聽過說。

Rina: But I live in, right now my parents live in Saskatoon.

麗娜:我生活在……現在我的父母生活在薩斯卡通市。

Todd: Oh, OK.

託德:哦,好。

Rina: And that's, my town is between Regina and Saskatoon, called the midway town.

麗娜:我成長的城鎮位於雷吉納和薩斯卡通之間,被稱爲中間鎮。

Todd: What's it like growing up in a very small rural setting?

託德:在小鄉村長大是什麼感覺?

Rina: It was awesome. My parents, because they immigrated from Lebanon were very strict with me so I really wasn't allowed to do very much until I was about in grade 11, when my brother was old enough to come with me, but it was, once I was able to start going out and going to dances and things like that I loved it.

麗娜:棒極了。因爲我父母是從黎巴嫩移民來的,所以他們對我非常嚴厲,在我上11年級以前他們不允許我做很多事情,我11年級時我哥哥的年紀足以照顧我,所以那時我可以外出,可以去跳舞,去做一些我喜歡的事情。

Todd: Oh, really, even in your small town?

託德:真的嗎?即使在你們的小城鎮裏?

Rina: In my small town, yeah. Cause I had it, I was very close with a lot of, like a very small class, very very close with a lot of people there, yeah.

麗娜:對,在我們的小城鎮裏。因爲我和那裏的許多人都很親近,就像一個小型羣體一樣。

Todd: Sounds good. So, in all of Canada, like when you go back and you settle down and you live in Canada, do you want to live in Saskatchewan?

託德:聽起來不錯。那如果你回到加拿大定居,你想住在薩克其萬省嗎?

Rina: No.

麗娜:不想。

Todd: No.

託德:不想嗎?

Rina: No, it's not, it's, I've developed a lot more since I was that age and it's just not the same anymore. I'd like a bigger center, preferably Vancouver, or Montreal, on one of the coasts. Yeah. So.

麗娜:不想,我離開以後成長了很多,已經與以前大不相同。我喜歡大一點的城市,我更傾向於在溫哥華或蒙特利爾這樣的海岸城市生活。

Todd: Not Toronto?

託德:你不考慮多倫多嗎?

Rina: No, I'm not a big fan of Toronto.

麗娜:不,我不太喜歡多倫多。

Todd: Ah, why?

託德:爲什麼?

Rina: Because I'm a little jaded. When I was, in 94, we went to Niagara Falls, and we drove through Toronto and it was just so, it looked so busy and smoggy and just crazy, and so I never really liked it since then. I have that image in my head still of that.

麗娜:因爲我有些厭倦那裏。94年的時候,我們去尼亞加拉瀑布旅行,當時我們開車經過多倫多,那裏看上去又繁忙又煙霧瀰漫,非常瘋狂,那以後我就不太喜歡多倫多了。我現在還記得當時看到的情景。

Todd: Yeah, well, that's how I feel about L. A.

託德:嗯,那正是我對洛杉磯的感覺。

Rina: Yeah.

麗娜:對。

Todd: Yeah. I don't like Los Angeles. OK, well thanks.

託德:嗯,我也不喜歡洛杉磯。好,謝謝你。

美語情景對話 第518期:Canadian Town 加拿大城鎮

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. go out
外出交際;外出娛樂;
eg. He has expressly forbidden her to go out on her own.
他已經明確禁止她獨自外出。
eg. My parents wouldn't let me go out with boys.
我的父母不讓我跟男孩子出去玩。
2. settle down
(尤指結婚或買房後)定居,安頓下來;
eg. I want to get boxing out of my system and settle down to enjoy family life.
我想結束拳擊生涯,安定下來享受家庭生活。
eg. He had often dreamed of retiring in England and planned to settle down in the country.
過去他常幻想退休後到英國,並計劃在鄉間安頓下來。
3. since then
其後,從此一直;
eg. Your life since then must have seemed very ordinary.
你的生活從那時起一定非常平淡無奇。
eg. Since then I've been waiting on events.
自那以後,我就一直在觀望事情的發展。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章