口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第187期:芝加哥 Chicago

本文已影響 5.57K人 

Todd: Hello! What's your name please?

託德:你好!請問你叫什麼名字?

Anna: My names's Anna.

安娜:我叫安娜。

Todd: Anna. OK, Anna and where are you from?

託德:安娜。好的,安娜你來自哪裏?

Anna: I'm from a suburb of Chicago, Illinois.

安娜:我來自伊利諾伊州芝加哥的郊區。

Todd: Oh, Chicago. Wow, what's Chicago like?

託德:哦,芝加哥。哇,芝加哥怎麼樣?

Anna: It's very windy and flat, but there's a lot to do there. We have a lot of sports teams, things to do in the summer, lots of festivals, so...

安娜:多風,地勢平坦,不過那裏可以做許多事情。我們有許多運動隊,夏天可以做很多事情,還有很多節日,所以……

Todd: Uh-huh, like what kind of festivals?

託德:哈哈,都有哪種節日呢?

Anna: We have a taste of Chicago festival, every summer, every year, and it's down in Grant Park, and all the food vendors, all the major restaurants in Chicago set up a food booth and you can buy, taste all kinds of food around the world.

安娜:每年夏天我們都會舉辦芝加哥美食節,地點就在格蘭特公園,那兒有各種食品攤販,芝加哥所有大飯店都會設立食物攤位,你可以購買、品嚐全世界各種各校的食物。

Todd: Wow, that sounds pretty good. Ah, what kind of food do you like? What's your favorite kind of food?

託德:哇,那聽起來真好。嗯,你喜歡哪種食物?你最喜歡的食物是什麼?

Anna: My favorite kind of food is Mexican food.

安娜:我最喜歡墨西哥菜。

Todd: Oh, yeah! And what dish in particular do you like?

託德:哦耶!你有特別喜歡的菜嗎?

Anna: Let me think. I like all Mexican food but I really like, like a stuffed pavlano pepper's very good.

安娜:讓我想想。我喜歡所有的墨西哥菜,不過我非常非常喜歡填青椒。

Todd: Oh, really! Stuffed Pavlano pepper!

託德:哦,真的嗎!填青椒!

Anna: You stuff it with cheese or they can put meat inside of it. It's good.

安娜:把奶酪或者是也可以是肉類放進青椒裏。非常好吃。

Todd: Can you make it?

託德:你會做嗎

Anna: No! I can not make it. I can make tacos, but that's about it.

安娜:不會!我做不了。我可以做墨西哥捲餅,僅此而已。

美語情景對話 第187期:芝加哥 Chicago

重點講解:
1. a taste of
經歷,體驗,嘗試,品嚐;
eg. But having had a taste of the big time, he won't want to go back to playing in the reserves.
但是,有過一舉成名的經歷以後,他就不會再想回去當替補了
eg. This voyage was his first taste of freedom.
這次航行使他初次體驗到了自由的滋味。
2. set up
創建;建立;安排;組建;
eg. The two sides agreed to set up a commission to investigate claims...
雙方同意組建一個委員會來調查那些索賠要求。
eg. Tell us when and why you started your business and how you went about setting it up.
告訴我們你是何時出於何種原因開辦了自己的企業,又是如何着手創建的。
3. in particular
尤其;特別;
eg. His statement refers to people in general, not to anyone in particular.
他的發言是泛指一般情況,不是針對某一個人的。
eg. In particular I admire Gary Lineker.
我特別崇拜加里·萊因克爾。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章