口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第539期:Big University 大學

本文已影響 9.25K人 

Todd: Now, Michael, I think you.grew up California, right?

託德:邁克爾,你是在加利福尼亞州長大的,對吧?

Mike: No, I didn't.

邁克:不是。

Todd: You didn't!

託德:你不是嗎?

Mike: No.

邁克:不是。

Todd: I thought you were from Santa Barbara.

託德:我以爲你來自聖芭芭拉。

Mike: No, no. I was born in Cincinnati and I grew up, I grew up there and I lived from my teenage years in Michigan.

邁克:不是。我出生在辛辛那提,我是在那裏長大的,之後我在青少年時期搬去了密歇根州。

Todd: You're kidding.

託德:開玩笑的吧。

Mike: So I'm a Midwesterner.

邁克:我是中西部人。

Todd: wow, I didn't know that. I thought you were a fellow Californian native like me.

託德:哇,我還真不知道這些。我以爲你和我一樣是加州人。

Mike: No, I've been here about ten years, but not native to this state, no.

邁克:不是,我來加州有十年的時間了,不過我並不是加州人。

Todd: Well, so what, you lived in Ohio, Cincinnati Ohio.

託德:你在俄亥俄州辛辛那提生活過。

Mike: Cincinnati Ohio.

邁克:對,俄亥俄州辛辛那提。

Todd: And Michigan.

託德:也在密歇根州生活過。

Mike: And in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

邁克:在密歇根州的安娜堡。

Todd: Oh, you went to the University of Michigan?

託德:你念的是密歇根大學嗎?

Mike: Yeah, I graduated from the University of Michigan.

邁克:對,我是從密歇根大學畢業的。

Todd: That's a good school.

託德:那是一所不錯的大學。

Mike: It's a great school. Yeah, it's huge though. I think, you know, that's one thing when you come out of high school, and you go into this huge university, it's such a different environment. Like I remember the first year, I was pretty lost in how big everything was.

邁克:是一所很棒的大學,非常大。你知道,你離開高中然後進入這所龐大的大學,環境非常不同。我記得大一時因爲學校太大,我經常迷路。

Todd: Now, Michael, a lot of people don't know about American football, but at your university, the university of Michigan, football is huge. Can you describe a typical Saturday football game? Like what happens at the stadium? What do students do?

託德:邁克爾,許多人不瞭解美式橄欖球,而密歇根大學是美式橄欖球領域的佼佼者。你能形容一下週六進行的典型美式橄欖球比賽嗎?體育場會發生什麼?學生們會做什麼?

Mike: Well, yeah, the stadium at Ann Arbor, at the University of Michigan, I think it holds a 102,000 people. Something like that. It's one of the biggest in the country.

邁克:密歇根大學位於安娜堡,我想體育場大概能容納10.2萬名觀衆。差不多是這樣。那是美國最大的體育場之一。

Todd: That's mammoth.

託德:真的很大。

Mike: And every game is sold out. It is, it's an incredible event, so yeah, all Saturdays are abuzz with excitement for the home games, and it's just a very big deal. The whole Michigan football program just generates a lot of excitement, generates a lot of money, right, and you know, to tell the truth, though, back when I went to Michigan, I wasn't a big football fan.

邁克:所有比賽的門票都會銷售一空。那是令人難以置信的比賽,每週六的主場比賽都非常令人激動,那是重大的賽事。密歇根的橄欖球運動可以激動人心,當然也能帶來許多收益,說實話,我搬去密歇根州的時候並不是很熱衷於橄欖球。

Todd: Oh, you weren't.

託德:哦,你以前不感興趣。

Mike: I actually never went to a home game.

邁克:實際上我從未去主場看過比賽。

Todd: No, really.

託德:真的嗎?

Mike: People ask me that and they can't believe it because,

邁克:人們聽到我這麼說的時候都表示他們不敢相信,因爲……

Todd: No way.

託德:不可能吧。

Mike: It's such a big deal.

邁克:因爲橄欖球是非常重要的比賽。

Todd: Yeah.

託德:對。

Mike: But you know, I was more of like a, I don't know what you call it, kind of hippie at the time, and we kind of distinguished between the jocks and, you know people who were interested in sports and the people who were interested in, what, culture of something like that, so I, at that time I wasn't into the football. I think now if I went back, I would love to see a football game.

邁克:可是你知道,不知道你們是怎麼稱呼這種情況的,我當時有點像嬉皮士,我們會和那些運動員、對體育感興趣的人還有對文化感興趣的人區分開來,所以我當時不太喜歡橄欖球。不過如果要是回到那個時候,我很想去看場橄欖球比賽。

Todd: Yeah. That's interesting. Man.

託德:嗯,這很有意思。

Mike: But the Wolverines, the Michigan Wolverines, you know and a big source of pride for the University of Michigan.

邁克:你知道密歇根大學狼獾隊一直是密歇根大學的驕傲。

Todd: Well, thanks for sharing that.

託德:嗯,謝謝你和我們分享這些。

Mike: Sure.

邁克:不客氣。

美語情景對話 第539期:Big University 大學

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. sell out
(演出、體育賽事等的門票)銷售一空,賣光;
eg. The gril tell me the flim tickes had sell out.
那個女孩告訴我說電影票已經賣完了。
eg. The match was completely sold out.
比賽的票已售清。
2. to tell the truth
說實在的;坦白說;
eg. To tell the truth, I don't think you're right.
說實話,我認爲你不對。
eg. To tell the truth,I fall asleep in the middle.
老實說,我在中間睡著了。
3. be into
對…很感興趣;極喜歡;
eg. She is into music.
她喜歡音樂。
eg. Don't be into computer games, it's bad for you.
別迷上電子遊戲,對你是有害的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章